Baby beardie

Annapersia

Original Poster
I have a 9 week old bearded dragon. I've had him for a week. He will only eat if we feed him by hand but we will be lucky if he eats 3 or 4 meal worms in a day. I'm worried he's not getting the nutrients he needs. I dip them in calcium powder but he's only getting the tiniest amount as most of it comes off in the end. Any suggestions or advice? Thanks

Annapersia

Original Poster
If I get a uvb as suggested with reflectors do you think that will suffice? My main concern is that he is under the basking light and is yet to spend any time on cool side(under the uvb) the uvb currently is 10cm to the right of basking light. If I replace it with a higher uvb will that still be enough uvb for him even if he mostly stays under the basking light? The basking light temp is 35c. I've had him for a week so he may still be settling in as you said but I am worried I'm not meeting his needs. He ate 5 crickets today and poos once a day at most, the first few days he didn't at all
There is a lot of mixed information on the internet, apparently they can get too much uvb? If that isn't the case, then to me the best solution is to leave the uvb tube currently in place but also get a MVB which he will bask under and hopefully will move around the enclosure and pick up the light from the other uvb source in time?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
If I get a uvb as suggested with reflectors do you think that will suffice? My main concern is that he is under the basking light and is yet to spend any time on cool side(under the uvb) the uvb currently is 10cm to the right of basking light. If I replace it with a higher uvb will that still be enough uvb for him even if he mostly stays under the basking light? The basking light temp is 35c. I've had him for a week so he may still be settling in as you said but I am worried I'm not meeting his needs. He ate 5 crickets today and poos once a day at most, the first few days he didn't at all
Dragons know what they need for lighting -- so if hes given the correct options he will go there - dont worry about him the Pro T 5 w/ the 12% bulb is a excellent bulb -- make sure you have it so he can sit directly under it w/ the correct distance

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom