Baby beardie swallowed a pine/aspen chip on accident. What should I do?

Ann_K88

Beardie name(s)
Hans
Morning! This morning I gave my baby his greens like usual. He ran out of crickets last night and his 1/4 dubias are coming in the mail today. So this morning I was cutting up some wax worms for him to munch on until his dubias get here (they’re small but not small enough). When the wax worms are shipped, they come in a container with what looks like little wood/pine chips. One of the small pieces of chip fell onto the ground and he ran and got it, probably thought it was another worm. I tried to get it out, but he was too fast.

What should I be on the lookout for? It was just one piece, and small. Maybe the size of an eraser head. Not sure what level of freaking out this needs, as I know wood chips aren’t digestible.

Thanks

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Waxworms are kept in sawdust that is not really harmful unless a beardie got a big mouthful. Your baby should be fine.

Ann_K88

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hans
Waxworms are kept in sawdust that is not really harmful unless a beardie got a big mouthful. Your baby should be fine.

ok! I couldn’t quite tell what exactly the little chips were. Now that you say it, it does smell like sawdust. There are just little tiny chips with it and I think I scared the poor babe trying to get it from him :(

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I think Hans will be just fine. They can be so fast when going after something on the floor! :)

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom