Baby Beardie Still Not Eating- Please Help!

Tonilee

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Ragnar
Hey my 14 month old ragnar has gone off all foods even greens he hasn't had any greens in about a week. When he was eating bugs only had 1 or 2 a week :( with him not eating his greens he won't be getting any calcium which is worrying me :( he seems very tired and just wants to sleep. Even when I take him out he just runs about for 5 minutes then goes to his favourite spot to chill. I know as they get older they don't eat much bugs but he isn't eating his salad either :( he is loving drinking some water every other day. any help would be really appreciated I have attached a couple of pictures so you all can see him. He is a beautiful boy

Attachments

• 20220825_203335.jpg
    20220825_203335.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 109
  • 20220826_171252.jpg
    20220826_171252.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 80
  • 20220822_120516.jpg
    20220822_120516.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 85
  • 20220819_145100.jpg
    20220819_145100.jpg
    296.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 20220814_161335.jpg
    20220814_161335.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 20220814_161415.jpg
    20220814_161415.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 84
  • 20220809_180720.jpg
    20220809_180720.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 74

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Please go over your uvb and basking setup.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes, BSFL were recommended to me and i'm definitely going to give them a try. Thankfully, things are going much better with Brea! The Fluker's Repta-Boost really helped! She's filled out significantly and is way more active. Yesterday she ate 6 dubia and a wax worm on her own! My main concern going forward is keeping her from getting dehydrated again. She's not great yet about eating vegetables and I've yet to entice her to drink water. Any thoughts on that would be most appreciated!
Drop water on the nose - rinse the greens before serving

Tonilee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ragnar
My uvb is arcadia d3 desert 12% uvb and I have a halogen heat lamp 75w. I took a picture to show you as well. That's his has spares but that's also what he is using just now
Drop water on the nose - rinse the greens before serving
Yeah I have been giving him water every few days cause he hasn't been eating his greens. He is loving the water. Always wash his greens too

Attachments

• 20220831_174334.jpg
    20220831_174334.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 66
  • 20220831_174344.jpg
    20220831_174344.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 66

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My uvb is arcadia d3 desert 12% uvb and I have a halogen heat lamp 75w. I took a picture to show you as well. That's his has spares but that's also what he is using just now

Yeah I have been giving him water every few days cause he hasn't been eating his greens. He is loving the water. Always wash his greens too
Is he able to sit directly under his UVB or is it pushed off to the back not sitting over that log? Good as long as he loving the water hes gonna drink--- you can tell if hes dehydrated by his poop --- his poop should be formed dark and moist the urate should be formed white and moist any excess water is good -

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

She looks good overall. I wouldn't worry about a slight weight loss if one occurs. They tend to
fluctuate some in weight depending on what they have eaten for the day. She has a very sweet
little face!
I'm sure she has already adjusted to her new home now. At 14 months, she could possibly be
slowing down slightly due to seasonal changes & trying to brumate. Since you haven't had her
for very long, you should probably try to keep her up some just so you can be sure she is healthy
enough to brumate. They do go through slowdown phases too without going into a full blown
brumation periods. If she has recently gone through a big growth spurt then she just might want to
rest some. She has great colors!
Your lighting is great, the Reptisun 10% T5 tube is a very nice bulb. As long as it is mounted
alongside of a basking light & around 10 inches from her it should be strong enough. It looks like
it's mounted on the inside of the tank. It is straight overhead right?
Keep trying with the greens, eventually she will eat more of them. As suggested, there are a variety
of worms you can try too. Waxworms are good as a treat, silkworms, hornworms or superworms are
usually well liked also.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Tonilee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ragnar
Well he had one cockroch yesterday woohoo. We have had him for a year this month so had plenty time to settle :) over the last 2 days I have noticed his feet are slightly duller so he is about to shed so am guessing that's down to the loss of appetite will find out when it comes off. Also going to get him some shed support me and my partner work in a pet supply shop so we have all the in stock. Will pick some up today. The uv bulb is mounted inside his home and he lays on a log right underneath it so he gets plenty. Over all he looks great :) we live in Scotland so as you know the weather changes all the time. His basking light is on the side but can move it around so if he isn't right under it we can tip it so it's on him so he gets plenty heat as well. We loves being out runny wild and sitting on his log at the window. After his bath last night he didn't want to go back in so he cuddled in and went to sleep on me for 3 hours he love cuddling in with a blanket and going for a sleep on me :). I just love my boy so much and want him to be as healthy as possible. I mean he looks great his weight is fine just when he lost that wee bit was abit worrying.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is good news he did eat a little bit.
Yes, a lot of them do tend to have a marked decrease in appetite prior to shedding. I hope
that's all the cause of what's going on with him.
Scotland has a lot of cold weather so I'm sure that doesn't help either. Do you have any
sunny weather?
It sounds like he loves running around which helps get him exercise. Definitely be sure he
stays warm enough throughout the day!
Keep us posted on him.

Tracie

Tonilee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ragnar
We did have a some good weather in the summer time. He is in his viv during the day but let him run about after dinner. Fingers crossed that's all it is. I mean he does look healthy and his weight is spot on for his age. I just get really worried but am sure he is fine. Still pooping still drinking water he is just having a wee off couple of weeks. Am a first time reptile owner it's hard cause its all new. I have attached a couple pictures of him right now. He is beautiful 😍

Attachments

• 20220904_093653.jpg
    20220904_093653.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 65
  • 20220904_093701.jpg
    20220904_093701.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 69

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hey my 14 month old ragnar has gone off all foods even greens he hasn't had any greens in about a week. When he was eating bugs only had 1 or 2 a week :( with him not eating his greens he won't be getting any calcium which is worrying me :( he seems very tired and just wants to sleep. Even when I take him out he just runs about for 5 minutes then goes to his favourite spot to chill. I know as they get older they don't eat much bugs but he isn't eating his salad either :( he is loving drinking some water every other day. any help would be really appreciated I have attached a couple of pictures so you all can see him. He is a beautiful boy
Tonilee, this is another person's thread about their very small baby dragon. Please start another thread for your grown dragon because now people are replying to you rather than helping the O.P.
I'm sure it was just a mistake, hopefully one of the mods. can remove your comments to it's own thread.

Tonilee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ragnar
Sorry I didn't know. I haven't used this site much so still trying to work it all out :( sorry again

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom