baby beardie started shedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRT12141992

Hatchling Member
Hes my first, should I do anything? I just woke up this morning and saw a strip of his old tail skin on the ground and some other pieces of his shed

Shenron11

Nope, just let him do his thing. Dont pull of any of it because it could damage the new scales. Giving him a warm bath would help him on his way shedding! good luck!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yup, it will happen by itself. You definitely should not try to help him shed by pulling at the shed. This hurts them and can cause scaring because the scales underneath might still be raw and not ready yet.

-Brandon

SRT12141992

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":2kta8y0k said:
Yup, it will happen by itself. You definitely should not try to help him shed by pulling at the shed. This hurts them and can cause scaring because the scales underneath might still be raw and not ready yet.

-Brandon

Yeah i'd never pull the skin off, I hope people don't actually do that that sounds like it'd hurt them! I'll give him a warm bath when I get home from school, though he does hate bath time lol.

hershpga

My baby dragon is 6in long and just started to shed today....how long does it normally take, I unerstand stand each bd may be different but just want an approximate timeframe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rumymummy
Top Bottom