Baby beardie shedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shojo

Hello,
I am new beardie owner and my baby has gone from eating 25+ bugs a day to 10-15. He’s started shedding a bit of peeling on his eyes and head. I read it’s not great to handle him while he’s shedding but I think a bath would help him. What’s the best way help and care while he sheds? He eats less that’s due to shedding right?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello,
I am new beardie owner and my baby has gone from eating 25+ bugs a day to 10-15. He’s started shedding a bit of peeling on his eyes and head. I read it’s not great to handle him while he’s shedding but I think a bath would help him. What’s the best way help and care while he sheds? He eats less that’s due to shedding right?
It could be -- you can get a soft baby toothbrush and mist him in the tank and use the toothbrush on him to brush the loose shed off - especially if its dry and crackly -- lets go over the basking temps and the UVB -- what are the basking temps and how are you taking them? NO stickons please and the UVB is it a coil or a long tube fixture?

Shojo

Original Poster
It could be -- you can get a soft baby toothbrush and mist him in the tank and use the toothbrush on him to brush the loose shed off - especially if its dry and crackly -- lets go over the basking temps and the UVB -- what are the basking temps and how are you taking them? NO stickons please and the UVB is it a coil or a long tube fixture?
I have a long tube for uvb hung inside by zip ties. His rock is 101 at the moment I use a temp gun and I have the temp gauge with the long probe to check his hammock temp. He prefers to bask on his hammock so it’s easier to measure temp with the temp gauge/probe instead

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I have a long tube for uvb hung inside by zip ties. His rock is 101 at the moment I use a temp gun and I have the temp gauge with the long probe to check his hammock temp. He prefers to bask on his hammock so it’s easier to measure temp with the temp gauge/probe instead
What brand and bulb please look on the bulb it will say a T 5 or T 8 distance and placement is crucial for the bulbs

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I have the T 5 bulb so I read that 10-14 inch away is okay
Depends on screen fine mesh like a screen door it needs to go inside the tank and that distance is ok wide hole type it can stay on top w/ a distance of 8-10 directly above basking decor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom