Baby beardie shedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shojo

Hello,
I am new beardie owner and my baby has gone from eating 25+ bugs a day to 10-15. He’s started shedding a bit of peeling on his eyes and head. I read it’s not great to handle him while he’s shedding but I think a bath would help him. What’s the best way help and care while he sheds? He eats less that’s due to shedding right?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello,
I am new beardie owner and my baby has gone from eating 25+ bugs a day to 10-15. He’s started shedding a bit of peeling on his eyes and head. I read it’s not great to handle him while he’s shedding but I think a bath would help him. What’s the best way help and care while he sheds? He eats less that’s due to shedding right?
It could be -- you can get a soft baby toothbrush and mist him in the tank and use the toothbrush on him to brush the loose shed off - especially if its dry and crackly -- lets go over the basking temps and the UVB -- what are the basking temps and how are you taking them? NO stickons please and the UVB is it a coil or a long tube fixture?

Shojo

Original Poster
It could be -- you can get a soft baby toothbrush and mist him in the tank and use the toothbrush on him to brush the loose shed off - especially if its dry and crackly -- lets go over the basking temps and the UVB -- what are the basking temps and how are you taking them? NO stickons please and the UVB is it a coil or a long tube fixture?
I have a long tube for uvb hung inside by zip ties. His rock is 101 at the moment I use a temp gun and I have the temp gauge with the long probe to check his hammock temp. He prefers to bask on his hammock so it’s easier to measure temp with the temp gauge/probe instead

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I have a long tube for uvb hung inside by zip ties. His rock is 101 at the moment I use a temp gun and I have the temp gauge with the long probe to check his hammock temp. He prefers to bask on his hammock so it’s easier to measure temp with the temp gauge/probe instead
What brand and bulb please look on the bulb it will say a T 5 or T 8 distance and placement is crucial for the bulbs

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I have the T 5 bulb so I read that 10-14 inch away is okay
Depends on screen fine mesh like a screen door it needs to go inside the tank and that distance is ok wide hole type it can stay on top w/ a distance of 8-10 directly above basking decor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom