Baby beardie poop normal?

Mushu_the_dragon

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushu
I have been following this post, and am so happy he perked up, is eating and is active. It's scary when they are so small and fragile isn't it? Love this forum...the people here are so helpful when you have worries.
I’m so happy I found this wonderful support group. I’m very happy my little guy is thriving and feeling better. I love how much personality these beardies have. They’re amazing! I could sit and watch him all day.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I have been following this post, and am so happy he perked up, is eating and is active. It's scary when they are so small and fragile isn't it? Love this forum...the people here are so helpful when you have worries.
In my own opinion, pet stores are selling them way to young, the box stores and the reptile stores are both guilty of it. It seems like it's gotten worse in the last couple years. I'm seeing them in the stores at 3 or 4 weeks old. They can be very hard to care for that young, breeders should be holding them until they are 8 to 10 weeks at least. They should be established and eating well before they go into homes.

shmoomunchkin

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Scooby
In my own opinion, pet stores are selling them way to young, the box stores and the reptile stores are both guilty of it. It seems like it's gotten worse in the last couple years. I'm seeing them in the stores at 3 or 4 weeks old. They can be very hard to care for that young, breeders should be holding them until they are 8 to 10 weeks at least. They should be established and eating well before they go into homes.
Yes, this! It's the beardie version of puppy mills...all about the money with little to no care about a life.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Yup.
I will be breeding myself starting in about 3 or 4 months hopefully, you can bet mine will be held untill they are thriving.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, a baby shouldn't really be sold until it is at least 2 months of age & at acceptable weight
to give him the best chance at thriving. It is hard on them any younger than that.

Tracie

Mushu_the_dragon

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushu
I got my baby from a breeder, Imperial reptiles. I’m not sure how old he was when he first arrived. He was 6.5 inches long. I’m just so glad he’s eating and drinking water like he should. His poop looks healthier too! He’s so sweet and I am excited for him to get bigger so we can cuddle. Lol! I made the mistake in the past with purchasing a chameleon from pets mart and I’ll never do that again. Chameleons in general are just very hard to take care of. I’ve had two and they are just so sensitive. :/

Here is a recent photo of Mushu!!

Attachments

• IMG_9888.MOV
    4.2 MB

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Mushu is very tiny! I am glad to hear he is doing well. Feel free to post pictures & updates of
him anytime! At least he is eating & drinking now.
Chameleons are hard to care for, they have specific requirements that is for sure.

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom