Baby beardie light timer?

Echoing

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Echo
When I picked up my tank the person at the store said for the first year of owning the dragon I should keep the lights on 24/7. Is this correct?

I have a 48Lx24Dx24H with two basking light slots both with 75 watt USR infared bulbs currently.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
When I picked up my tank the person at the store said for the first year of owning the dragon I should keep the lights on 24/7. Is this correct?

I have a 48Lx24Dx24H with two basking light slots both with 75 watt USR infared bulbs currently.
Absolutely NOT! Please do not listen to this person anymore --- your dragon need a solid clear bright white basking bulb that keeps temps 105-110 for a baby -- juvie/ adults 95-100 taken w/a digital probe thermometer--- any type of colored bulbs off white or yellowish are not recommended --- a good UVB NO coils -- they cause all kinds of health problems --- you want a 24" Zoo Med w/ a 22" Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb for a 40 gallon tank or a Arcadia Pro T 5 12% bulb -- temps in the tank at night should be 65-75 ambient - dragons like cool and dark to sleep- if you need help w / basking bulbs or UVB please ask I can post websites --- most pet stores do not carry these fixtures that I posted - PetSmart started carrying the Arcadia but I think most are out of stock ---

Echoing

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Echo
Absolutely NOT! Please do not listen to this person anymore --- your dragon need a solid clear bright white basking bulb that keeps temps 105-110 for a baby -- juvie/ adults 95-100 taken w/a digital probe thermometer--- any type of colored bulbs off white or yellowish are not recommended --- a good UVB NO coils -- they cause all kinds of health problems --- you want a 24" Zoo Med w/ a 22" Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb for a 40 gallon tank or a Arcadia Pro T 5 12% bulb -- temps in the tank at night should be 65-75 ambient - dragons like cool and dark to sleep- if you need help w / basking bulbs or UVB please ask I can post websites --- most pet stores do not carry these fixtures that I posted - PetSmart started carrying the Arcadia but I think most are out of stock ---
My current setup is

2 USR Infared 75 watt heat bulbs.
24" UVB 10.0 USR

Echoing

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Echo
Show me the infrared bulbs please the uvb is a T 5 or T 8?
I'm not sure if its T 5 or T8 but heres the link Buy Urs Outback Max 10 0 Uv Tube For Reptiles Online | Better Prices At Pet Circle and heres a picture of the infareds
1663208807127.jpg

Sorry for bad image.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I'm not sure if its T 5 or T8 but heres the link Buy Urs Outback Max 10 0 Uv Tube For Reptiles Online | Better Prices At Pet Circle and heres a picture of the infareds View attachment 73996
Sorry for bad image.
Please get rid of those colored bulbs like right now-- your dragon needs a solid bright white basking bulb here are some examples Flukers --- Zoo Med Repti basking bulb-- Exo Terra Intense -- or a Arcadia Halogen bulb---- you need a Zoo Med 24" fixture w/ a 22" Reptisun 10.0 T 5 or a 24" Arcadia Pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb --- two digital probe thermometers Zoo Med -- please get these things as soon as you can - your dragons life depends on this ---
Are you in the states ?

Echoing

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Echo
Please get rid of those colored bulbs like right now-- your dragon needs a solid bright white basking bulb here are some examples Flukers --- Zoo Med Repti basking bulb-- Exo Terra Intense -- or a Arcadia Halogen bulb---- you need a Zoo Med 24" fixture w/ a 22" Reptisun 10.0 T 5 or a 24" Arcadia Pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb --- two digital probe thermometers Zoo Med -- please get these things as soon as you can - your dragons life depends on this ---
Are you in the states ?
I'm not from the states I'm from Australia. With the Arcadia bulb I have a 75Gallon tank, do I need two or one and how many watts? I believe my current UVB is a 24" T 5 10.0.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I'm not from the states I'm from Australia. With the Arcadia bulb I have a 75Gallon tank, do I need two or one and how many watts? I believe my current UVB is a 24" T 5 10.0.
That is what you need but the colored bulbs are no good and will cause damage to the eyes along w/ other issues+ your uvb needs a fixture/ hood- you need a reflector very important for his health-- is the bulb a 12%?

Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom