Baby beardie lethargic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nina018

Hi i have a big problem
I got my baby bearded dragon about 1 month ago.The first week everything was fine,he was eating,moving,basking but out of nowhere he lost his appetite and energy.He doesn't eat,move much and his back legs are almost always straight.We started force feeding him,cus he was looking really bad,and he kinda got better.He poops almost everyday.
His terrarium is 100*50*50cm,made out of wood.His temperatures are 106 and humidity is 36%. We are using arcadia uvb t8 lamp 12%+D3 and a arcadia basking bulb 50w.The uvb lamp is about 20cm from his basking spot.He has no energy and doesn't look good and i don't know what to do.
Btw we think he is 2 months old

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please make sure your lighting is correct --- the UVB must be inside the tank and the fixture MUST have a reflector on it distance needs to be 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor piece --- temps MUST be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer to be accurate -- stick ons only give ambient temp -- for 60 gallon tank which is whats yours measuring out to be you I would recommend getting a 24" Arcadia Pro T 5 w/a 12% bulb --- w/ that fixture the distance would need to be 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor --------- the UVB and basking temps are the two most important things in the tank -- please adjust

Nina018

Original Poster
I can't find a t5 lamp in my country and the shipping on amazon is 50 dollars which i can't afford.The breeder whom i got the baby uses a 10% t8. I got him the stronger one but he still doesn't eat. He is finishing his shed right now. We are using a probe digital thermometer

Nina018

Original Poster
Uvb is on the back wall .We put tin foil as a reflector and the bulb is the normal yellowish color.We knew not to buy the red ones

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Why can't you use red basking lamps? That is what I was sold in the reptile shop here in Australia?
Any colored bulbs distort dragons eyes disrupt their sleep-- dragons have better eyesight than we do - long use of these bulbs dragons end up blind or severe eye damage- please get rid of it and please do not listen to anymore advice from them - dragons do not have colored bulbs in the wild we want to mimic the sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom