Baby beardie has coccidia 3grams , 4.5 inches

Status
Not open for further replies.

PetLover2018

Original Poster
AHBD":1dvjnpgr said:
Oh no, I'm sooooo sorry. :( You worked so hard to help your little Pixie, we know you loved the little thing. ! I know you're devastated and no words help right now. My heart goes out to you, I really feel for you + this saddens me for both Pixie and you, her caring owner.

Thanks so much :( I really appreciate it. Thanks for everything.

PetLover2018

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":3q3zn4s2 said:
OH NO !

I feel for you …. I know how it feels to have a little sick lizard that you are trying really hard to save and giving your all to help .
This tough old retired steel engineer has been know to have a good cry and shed lots of tears when his special rescue lizards have died.

Don't beat yourself up over this , you did everything humanly possible to help her . She is no longer suffering and is at rest.

If you decide to get another (my advise is to replace her ASAP as the new pet lizard even if it's not another bearded dragon will give you something to focus on will you recover emotionally . Before housing a new lizard in her tank, a very thorough clean out and sterilization is needed to ensure the new resident wont be infected by what ever killed her.

Thank you. I have another baby beardie in another Vivarium, I actually haven’t really given him that much of attention but now will be able to focus on him. He’s very healthy. It’s just very sad and will take time :(

PetLover2018

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2cvbb3te said:
That is terrible- I am sorry to hear about the little baby! I have been following story - I am sorry- it breaks my heart to read about these things- I know you did your best!
Karrie

Thank you for your kind words. I fed her at 2pm and she was extremely lethargic but still her good and water and I was so happy as I thought she’s finally gonna get better, got her new baby foods to try, she loved the peas one :( and then I actually have a camera and all beside her viv and she was fine and breathing moving around slightly. And then at 8 pm, maybe I haven’t checked on her 2-3 hours at that stage which I feel so bad about ;( and she was already gone.. :( she passed In her sleep. It’s such a horrible thing but I do really hope she’s in a better place :( no more suffering :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom