Baby bearded impacted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nina018

So,i have a two month old baby bearded dragon.The breeder who we bought the beardie gave us food for a month.The problem?The dubias he gave us are bigger than the space between his eyes.We asked him if that would be a problem and he said no.Now the beardie is not using his back legs at all.When he tries to move they go above his tail.On the internet it said it was parlysis from impaction and that we should feed him baby food.We got 100% natural no salt added pumpkin baby food.Can we give him that? How much should we give him?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes add a little olive oil like a drop and maybe a drop of honey to it -- feed till he poops make sure its a little runny w/ water - he needs the hydration to move things along --- make sure you have a long tube UVB fixture NO coils they are NO good -- basking temps are 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -- do not feed anything except soft foods for now -- like the pumpkin its a good fiber you want him to pass the bugs ---- when he starts back on dubias again do not go back to that breeder he should know better - if you need help w / lighting please ask --- the UVB has certain placement and distance to be effective ---- 40 + gallon tanks need a 24" fixture w/ a 10.0 T 5 bulb or a Arcadia 12% bulb depending on the fixture you get --- if you are already using a long tube fixture what is it and where is it?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok sounds good make sure its not expired --- 6 months old and it needs to be replaced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom