Aztec's Latest feeding Adventure 12/18/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fush

So Aztec is my Boa. She's a TJ Hypo or other names a Monster tail Jungle hypo boa. Obviously a female or I wouldn't be calling her a she lol. Today was her feeding day of only one mouse since the mouse I got came home dead so I didn't trust it. I was unpacking the mouse to offer. I placed my hand down. on the bed for where Aztec was chilling out. She came out and took a big bite out of my finger and proceeded to "strangle" it. I now know how the poor mice feel as she was almost ripping my skin off and she never done this before mind it. She is a sweetheart of a snake. Anyone can kiss her and not worry about her taking a strike.

After I got her off my finger. It looked like some giant piece of cactus decided to camp there then be ripped off. So That's my story on the markings if anyone asks. So anyways Aztec killed the mouse and wondered off so I offered it to her. She seemed not interested in it. Then finally she started eating it WHILE IN MY HAND. I was holding her head and the mouse to her mouth. For a moment there I thought she went retarded as she never had a problem on eating without my help. Today I really don't know what gotten into her. It might be her way of saying sorry for biting me but dear god it was a painful 30 minutes of feeding her.

Aztec is a 9 month old boa and her birthday is on Easter as that is when she was born. Below is Aztec in the picture so everyone knows who Aztec is.

Aztec in her favorite sleeping spot.
Link to picture

Aztec Playing Hide and seek crossed with red light (look at her) Green light(Not looking at her) game.
Link to Picture

AtlasStrike

Sub-Adult Member
Haha! Snakes hunt pretty much on smell and thermal sensors alone, if you are alive and smell like mouse, you are food. That is a good reason to always wash your hands between handling rodents or other household pets and handling your snakes. Good thing she is just a baby, because a bigger snake can do some serious damage with a full on bite and strangle.

Floof

Juvie Member
Lol, fun! And those little boas can pack a punch, too. Give me a feeding bite from a full grown corn, any day--but a tag from my itty bitty BCI hurts like hell! It's those long teeth.. Curse them!

Personally, I don't like live. Too much trouble, and too much chance for the mouse to bite back. I'd be having panic attacks every week, waiting for the snakes to just hurry up and kill the dang things before they catch on and defend themselves!

Besides, I love being able to just walk to my freezer instead of having to go all the way to the pet store every week. :) (The whole 50 cents per mouse bulk order versus $3-10 per rodent at the pet store thing is pretty cool, too. I would so go broke if I had to feed my Woma and, when she gets that big, my boa live. $20 every week or two, on top of everyone else? Not happening!)

I've actually met corn snake hatchlings who were afraid of live pinky mice... Silly snakes! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom