Average growth from 6mos to 1 year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvmybd

Juvie Member
Hello,

What is the typical growth in inches for a dragon who is 6 months old (now 18") and 1 year?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....18" is on the large side, they could be anywhere from 12 -18 or more [ rarely ] at 6 months. He won't grow that much more now, probably another 3-5" average by a year old. And some grow in length very quickly [ like yours ] but then don't get much longer than that. But my guess would be that he'll end up around 20" -21".

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Since Rex had a nibbled tail end when we brought her and Puff her brother home, and had lost maybe 5-10% of the length of her tail, I never bothered with measuring VTS (vent to snout) , or TTS (tail tip to snout) lengths. I focused on body weight as my indicator of growth.

For Puff (boy):
6mth old = 176g
12mth old = 396g
1.5 yr old = 536g
2 yr old = 685g

For Rex (girl):
6mth old = 221g
12mth old = 409g
1.5 yr old = 513g
2 yr old = 720g

hope that helps.

PS : from about 12 months old they had a insect per day + greens/veg/pellets daily, and neither has ever brumated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom