Atadenovirus diagnosis

Shawna731

Beardie name(s)
Reptar
Hello group! I just received the detrimental diagnosis that my beardie is positive for atadenovirus. She is seemingly healthy currently but I know this is a fatal incurable illness. I had her tested since she was losing a lot of weight and not eating or anything. She was also on treatment for coccidia as well. After being very determined and handfeeding her daily along with a probiotic, she gained all the weight back and was acting like her old self so I just assumed it was the coccidia treatment. I finally just received the positive results and am at a loss for words. I've already reached out to Tracie as I've heard she is the atadenovirus guru, but looking for any and all advice. I'm not ready to say goodbye especially since she is doing so much better. I'm just wondering what to expect and how to manage her treatment. Please help. Picture for attention

Attachments

• 20230227_070528.jpg
    20230227_070528.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 71

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
She is a cutie!
Adv is not necessarily a death sentence, some dragons still can live long happy lives. Care is the key, learn every single thing you can about good husbandry and stick with it, cleanliness is going to be critical, the adv weakens their immune system, so your going to need to learn how to sanitize for the common baddies (like Coccidia and pin worm). Adv positive dragons are more work but lets face it, they are worth it 🙂

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Shawna,

Feel free to email me anytime!
It sounds like she is doing a lot better right now. The primary thing I always stress is to keep
them on a relatively low fat diet to help keep the liver healthier. Maintaining a low stress life
helps a lot & that contributes to lower parasite breakouts also.
What supplements are you giving for her immune system?

Tracie

Vexor1717

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Shenron
She is a cutie!
Adv is not necessarily a death sentence, some dragons still can live long happy lives. Care is the key, learn every single thing you can about good husbandry and stick with it, cleanliness is going to be critical, the adv weakens their immune system, so your going to need to learn how to sanitize for the common baddies (like Coccidia and pin worm). Adv positive dragons are more work but lets face it, they are worth it 🙂
Hello, I'm wondering if they have ADV and are showing neurological symptoms like stargazing is it too late?

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom