At my wits end

Status
Not open for further replies.

trinity040400

Juvie Member
Tohru has been so lazy lately he is driving me crazy! Ever since I made him a hammock he will just lay there and not go bask. I have tried to put his basking light over his hammock but it isnt 6-8" from his uvb so that didnt work. I have tried making his hot side hotter, made his hot side cooler, made his cool side cooler and his cool side hotter and nothing seems to make a difference! I bought him his favorite horn worms which he use to chase around his viv but now will only eat it if I bring it to him! :angry5:

His temps are 100 basking and 83 cool side right now. He does have coccidia which I was treating him for about a month ago. I am giving him a break from meds before I try again, I was using Acidophilus+ too. I feed him greens or squash every day but he really doesnt eat it much. I have had him for 1 year.

I was thinking about making another hammock for his basking spot but not sure if I should.

:help: Any advice would be great, thanks!

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
How old is he? Some adults are just lazy! My Bob will often go several days without moving from his spot (I'm an indulgent owner and make sure to drop his worms right in front of him when he's like this). The coccidia could play a role as well if he's not feeling 100%. Have you had a fecal test done since his last round of treatment?

trinity040400

Juvie Member
Original Poster
He is around 18 months and yes the fecal says he still has coccidia but the counts are a lot lower so I am giving him a break. He also has pin worms but his counts are really low, I was going to try treating the pin worms before I try to tackle the coccidia again.

He has had coccidia for as long as I have had him, treated him 3 times without a cure, but he has never been this lazy and his counts are lower then before.

He has started to avoid my hand, I think because I pick him up and put him on his basking spot when he doesnt want to go! :banghead:

tgolden

Sub-Adult Member
As you know they have to bask. I bought a new hide for mine one time and put it on his cool side and he loved the thing. So much he was staying on it all the time. After a few days I took it out because he was not basking on the hot side at all. After I took it out all went back to normal. You may have to get rid of the hammock.

trinity040400

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I took it out and he was sitting and looking up at where it was so I put it back in. I ended up adding another one for basking so he sits on that all day now.

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
trinity040400":1bshendi said:
I took it out and he was sitting and looking up at where it was so I put it back in. I ended up adding another one for basking so he sits on that all day now.

lol. I made Tasty Treat a pillow. It has shredded memory foam in it.
she lays on it almost all day.
It's next to her basking spot and she moves so she is also propped up on her box to bask.

now i call her a little princess.

man do we spoil them or what

Maxwellsmomma1989

Hatchling Member
max gets pretty lazy i think its with age sometimes he will chase bugs to eat them sometimes i have to play with his worms in front of him before he decides to eat them. but i generally dont buy crickets for this reason hes too damn lazy to eat them they run and he just stares at them and looks at me like what am i suppose to chase those

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
Maxwellsmomma1989":16hgkh4j said:
max gets pretty lazy i think its with age sometimes he will chase bugs to eat them sometimes i have to play with his worms in front of him before he decides to eat them. but i generally dont buy crickets for this reason hes too damn lazy to eat them they run and he just stares at them and looks at me like what am i suppose to chase those
That's exactly how Mr Dargon is!

trinity040400

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I cant believe how lazy they are! I mean just laying around all day without a care in the world! I wish I could do that. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom