Astronaut Mike Dexter cant use his tongue well anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever since I adopted AMD, he has been less than agile in 'catching' his worms( never fed him crickets). He is at least 3, maybe much older, do not know a CL adult rescue. His tongue doesn't seem to go where he needs it to go to pick a worm up. Even when I hand feed him one worm at a time he often has to take multiple licks at my palm to figure out where it is.
This seems to be getting worse. That being said, if I didn't have two other dragons who eat WAY more succinctly, then I would never know he wasn't normal. His weight is good, his color good, his appetite fine, his poops normal, no gaping jaw, no discharge, I don't think it is MBD or mouth rot after doing some research. I am not in a position to take him to the vet and because all other signs are healthy, and he seems active and happy, I am waiting to see what you guys think.
He IS getting enough food, I've just learned to put the worms in a more narrow deeper bowl and to not mince his greens quite so finely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom