Assistance needed regarding T8 bulb, please?

Kristjan

Can someone tell me if this is suitable for my beardy?

I have all in one bulb basking spot as well as ceramic bulb (no light).

I need one UVB strip for the enclosure. The tank is 90cm wide 60cm height?

I would really appreciate if anyone can tell me if this is compatible with Zilla- Exo Terra etc

Thank you,
Kristján

Attachments

• 331739875_1195971311030334_4963285650060961005_n.jpg
    331739875_1195971311030334_4963285650060961005_n.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 332391918_533736545299671_1724353418250980877_n.jpg
    332391918_533736545299671_1724353418250980877_n.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 43

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Can someone tell me if this is suitable for my beardy?

I have all in one bulb basking spot as well as ceramic bulb (no light).

I need one UVB strip for the enclosure. The tank is 90cm wide 60cm height?

I would really appreciate if anyone can tell me if this is compatible with Zilla- Exo Terra etc

Thank you,
Kristján
I would not get that bulb --- please get either a Arcadia T 8 or a Reptisun T 8 those are way better bulbs for the dragon- it needs to be inside the tank directly over the basking decor piece 6-8 inches -- I do recommend you get a 24 watt Arcadia Pro T 5 w/ 12% bulb for the size of your tank
it will need to go inside the tank w/ a distance of 12-15 inches directly above your basking decor piece

Kristjan

Original Poster
I would not get that bulb --- please get either a Arcadia T 8 or a Reptisun T 8 those are way better bulbs for the dragon- it needs to be inside the tank directly over the basking decor piece 6-8 inches -- I do recommend you get a 24 watt Arcadia Pro T 5 w/ 12% bulb for the size of your tank
it will need to go inside the tank w/ a distance of 12-15 inches directly above your basking decor piece
Thank you for your reply Karrie! Do you not recommend this bulb mainly because of lower UVB output compared to the ones you´re suggesting? I´m just wondering because I do have this one, which is fairly strong (see pic), and ceramic heater bulb placed both at his warm spot in the tank...

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Thank you for your reply Karrie! Do you not recommend this bulb mainly because of lower UVB output compared to the ones you´re suggesting? I´m just wondering because I do have this one, which is fairly strong (see pic), and ceramic heater bulb placed both at his warm spot in the tank...
For the size of this tank you want the stronger UVB bulb

Dinky26

Beardie name(s)
Mango
The T8 bulbs are an older technology than the T5, thus they are not as strong as the T5. The T5 are about half the diameter of the T8, T8 about half the diameter of the WAY older T12.

Kristjan

Original Poster
The T8 bulbs are an older technology than the T5, thus they are not as strong as the T5. The T5 are about half the diameter of the T8, T8 about half the diameter of the WAY older T12.
Thank you thats actually really good to know since I´m new at this :)
Here´s another question when the bulb is placed in his tank do I hang it from the mesh top i.g. in the middle of the tank and have the bulb completely ''naked'' or is it better or necessary to put mirror cover over the bulb?

Kristjan

Original Poster
For the size of this tank you want the stronger UVB bulb
Thank you,
Here´s another question if you don´t mind!? When the bulb is placed in his tank do I hang it from the mesh top i.g. in the middle of the tank and have the bulb completely ''naked'' or is it better or necessary to put mirror cover over the bulb?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Thank you,
Here´s another question if you don´t mind!? When the bulb is placed in his tank do I hang it from the mesh top i.g. in the middle of the tank and have the bulb completely ''naked'' or is it better or necessary to put mirror cover over the bulb?
If the basking bulb is in the tank you need to have it at least 6" above the basking decor piece - no closer - you can use a bulb cage Robot or human?

Dinky26

Beardie name(s)
Mango
Thank you thats actually really good to know since I´m new at this :)
Here´s another question when the bulb is placed in his tank do I hang it from the mesh top i.g. in the middle of the tank and have the bulb completely ''naked'' or is it better or necessary to put mirror cover over the bulb?
It’s better to have it naked since it is not as strong in the first place. FYI most if not all plastic/glass is going to filter out the usable UVB also. Having a reflector above the bulb is a good thing since it will be reflecting the useful rays back down to the BD.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom