Asking Petsmart to change their ways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runsnoopy

Hatchling Member
I wished I knew about this site before we purchased our beardie. The pet store told us it was very easy to take care off and set us up with $600 worth of equipment that was required-- tank, light, heat, sand, etc. I also got different stories on feeding, caring, etc. I really need a basic 101 lesson on owning a beardie.
 

sarah82

Member
I know, when we got our beardy, so many people told us different things. the guy we got her from said not to use a heat lamp at all and to fee her only 3x a week. and she was a juvie! thats crazy talk!! its hard to know what is right though, everyone sais different things. youll get to know whats right for you and your beardy as a few months go by!
 

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Runsnoopy":1hw9e3tr said:
I wished I knew about this site before we purchased our beardie. The pet store told us it was very easy to take care off and set us up with $600 worth of equipment that was required-- tank, light, heat, sand, etc. I also got different stories on feeding, caring, etc. I really need a basic 101 lesson on owning a beardie.

If you ever are in need of answers please don't hesitate to ask in the forums or you can PM me if you do not feel comfortable asking in public. :wink:
 

Jpiroden

Hatchling Member
Not to like hijack the thread but... ReptiGlo is bad? Oh god I feel like an *****... I'm beardie seems completely healthy, but what does ReptiGlo do to your beardie? Harm wise? $20 bucks down the drain.... Again sorry if I hijacked the thread
 

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Jpiroden":23bzmmym said:
Not to like hijack the thread but... ReptiGlo is bad? Oh god I feel like an *****... I'm beardie seems completely healthy, but what does ReptiGlo do to your beardie? Harm wise? $20 bucks down the drain.... Again sorry if I hijacked the thread
They have caused eye issues. Some people however have used this bulb in the past and not had any issues, just make sure to replace it every 6 months and if you see anything going on with your dragon health wise consider that bulb as a possibility. If you never have any issues then also great. :wink:
 

Jpiroden

Hatchling Member
Well... He has had a bit of vision concerning eating his supers, but he's also a older beardie (8 maybe 9 years) other wise hes fine, BACK ON TOPIC! My Petsmart is a REALLY good one, there's maybe 2-3 well fed and healthy little babies! And pretty much all employees are well experienced (usually they bring their pet to work, so fun!ma) I really like my Petsmart. Petco? Ehh... Not so much
 
My local Petsmart which is usually pretty good has had some tiny, tiny, tiny babies in recently. Scary small!

What was scarier was that in the color morph tank I could see at least 2 adult-sized freeze-dried crickets. In the cage with beardies that were maybe four inches long. One was in the food dish of pellets, the other stuck between the glass and the repti-carpet. An employee came by, saw me frowning and asked if I needed anything, so I explained how inappropriate those crickets were. She told me she would let another associate know. To my surprise, she immediately did so, and the crickets were removed by the second employee. They never should have been in there in the first place but as far as pet stores it's tolerable.
 

GlueStick

Sub-Adult Member
I think that we should ask Petsmart why they don't sell the Reptisun flourescent tubes. Seriously, they sell the compact versions but not the florescent tube. It pisses me off when I go to sell reptiles because we don't have them as an option to sell with. >_< So frustrating.
 

Shenron11

Member
Yea i agree, Petsmart normally isnt the greatest place. The usually have lots of babys in one small cage that always have crickets runny around and sometime poop! My parents hate for me to go to Petsmart because i always take my beardie and educate everyone :D . All the workers one me to work there :lol: ( which i might just to help the animals/ and people!) But i have found the people who work there care about the animals, they just dont really know what is best. I was happy though when one employee knew enough about beadies to want to get cool morphs!
 

Carnivorouszoo

Sub-Adult Member
The Petsmarts in the Kansas City MO area do not hire people with animal experience. They want to brainwash ******...er train people to their standards. I applied at 3 different ones in 4 years. That is what I got told at the end of the last group interview.
 

SamusTheDragon

Sub-Adult Member
Shenron11":13dc46qf said:
Yea i agree, Petsmart normally isnt the greatest place. The usually have lots of babys in one small cage that always have crickets runny around and sometime poop! My parents hate for me to go to Petsmart because i always take my beardie and educate everyone :D . All the workers one me to work there :lol: ( which i might just to help the animals/ and people!) But i have found the people who work there care about the animals, they just dont really know what is best. I was happy though when one employee knew enough about beadies to want to get cool morphs!
You can bring your beardie? Hmm I wonder if Milo or Samus would like a trip to petsmart... hmmm.
 

Shenron11

Member
Haha yea, I take him lots of places like home depot and such. I even took him to a grocery store and all the workers loved him :p but don't worry I didn touch anything, only my mom did. ( I brought him so he could help pick out greens ;) ) it amazes me how many people assume he is a Komodo dragon!
 

tempusfugit

Hatchling Member
Shenron11":8129tf36 said:
Haha yea, I take him lots of places like home depot and such. I even took him to a grocery store and all the workers loved him :p but don't worry I didn touch anything, only my mom did. ( I brought him so he could help pick out greens ;) ) it amazes me how many people assume he is a Komodo dragon!

Errrr, its illegal to take a non service animal into any establishment that sells or prepares food..
 

Jpiroden

Hatchling Member
Khomez is to antsy to go anywhere, and he doesn't grasp the idea that your supposed to hold on to my shirt while on my shoulder :roll: Some employees at my petsmart bring their pets in, like a boa here, a chinchilla there. And one of them(probably my favorite) has a beardie named JubJub.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
156,000
Messages
1,256,689
Members
76,018
Latest member
Rumymummy
Top Bottom