arthritic pelvis bone care treatment advice

mokosnini

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
moko pepe
Hello! Ive specifically joined this website for care tips for my beardie moko.
Two days ago she was diagnosed with an arthritic bone. Where it sits limits her leg mobility by a lot because it pinches a nerve and the vet said it can lead to paralysis if shes not lucky.
Moko was an active lizard and since a rapid decline of a week she just drags herself to her heat and uv and then back into cold areas then back again to heat and uv instead of her usual exploring and trotting throughout my house. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on improving her quality of life fast. She has been put on 0.2mg of Tramadol and daily warm water baths but I'm hoping theres more i can do. (My dad is already attempting to make her some cool wheels if it comes to it!)
The only post ive seen so far of a lizard with arthritis on this website was where the owner was discussing euthanization for a lizard with a horrible case in 2017.
On the brightside: The vet never suggested this for moko, shes much younger than that lizzie and hers is not as severe but oh boy did that post get my heart racing.
Hope to hear from someone! <3

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello! Ive specifically joined this website for care tips for my beardie moko.
Two days ago she was diagnosed with an arthritic bone. Where it sits limits her leg mobility by a lot because it pinches a nerve and the vet said it can lead to paralysis if shes not lucky.
Moko was an active lizard and since a rapid decline of a week she just drags herself to her heat and uv and then back into cold areas then back again to heat and uv instead of her usual exploring and trotting throughout my house. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on improving her quality of life fast. She has been put on 0.2mg of Tramadol and daily warm water baths but I'm hoping theres more i can do. (My dad is already attempting to make her some cool wheels if it comes to it!)
The only post ive seen so far of a lizard with arthritis on this website was where the owner was discussing euthanization for a lizard with a horrible case in 2017.
On the brightside: The vet never suggested this for moko, shes much younger than that lizzie and hers is not as severe but oh boy did that post get my heart racing.
Hope to hear from someone! <3
You would need to have Tracie out vet tech respond on this one
@Drache613

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom