Are T5/T8 UVBs considered CFL?

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
I'm heading to Lowes to checkout some stones for my beardies enclosures and I wanted to dispose of my T5s/T8s. Are they considered CFL's even though it's a florescent tube and not a coil UVB? I have like 10 collected over the years and they are just sitting collecting dust 😅

Edit: Sorry if this isn't the place to ask I just see the coil UVBs come up as CFLs not mine

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I believe that CFL stands for compact fluorescent light which is typically a small coil or loop. A T8/T5 is a linear or regular fluorescent tube. I'd imagine they could be recycled the same way though. Whether or not a store will recycle the linear tubes may depend on the regulations where you are. In some places, stores that sell the lighting are required to accept them for recycling. I'm sure that varies though. Might be best to call ahead.

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
i would call and ask them. if they don't take both, they may know of another place in the area that will take the linear. also contact your garbage collection company. ours won't take them in recycling or the collection site, but they have a hazmat collection day several times a year that we can take both to.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I believe that CFL stands for compact fluorescent light which is typically a small coil or loop. A T8/T5 is a linear or regular fluorescent tube. I'd imagine they could be recycled the same way though. Whether or not a store will recycle the linear tubes may depend on the regulations where you are. In some places, stores that sell the lighting are required to accept them for recycling. I'm sure that varies though. Might be best to call ahead.
Ya everything I seen was on the small coils I haven't used them in ages but I have used T5/8s. I would just feel better recycling them I wonder if Petco/PetSmart does it

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom