ARE LEOPARD GECKOS AS CUDDLY AS BEARDIES?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey. My birthday is coming up soon, and my parents have decided to let me add on to my animal collection. I wanted a black and white Argentine Tegu but they said no because it's "too big" :roll: :x

So anyways, I decided that I'm either going with a crested gecko or a leopard gecko. I'm leaning more towards a leopard gecko, but I'd like to know: are they as puppy dog-ish as bearded dragons? My bearded dragon is EXTREMELY attached to me, and he actually has separation anxiety from me. Will a leopard gecko be likely to act like that? Because I loveeee when reptiles are clingy to me. I really want a reptile just like Dexter, but I don't want another bearded dragon because I'm going to college in two years and I need to be able to take Dexter with me, but I can't take another large reptile. Anyways, can a leopard gecko be tame and cuddle with me? I'm just wondering what the best option is for a reptile. Also, it needs to be terrestrial, not arboreal. (I know, if I get a Crestie then I have to get an arboreal-dwelling enclosure, but still.) If anyone actually has any other suggestions on a SMALL terrestrial reptile that's extremely docile, all suggestions are welcome.

*********PARENTS DO NOT ALLOW SNAKES.*********

smackey2

Hatchling Member
I had a Leopard Gecko for quite a few years. His name was Wiley. His name says it all. He was a very active little guy. He loved to be held, but he liked to crawl all over you instead of just laying and relaxing in one spot. My kids are young, 3 and 7, and were even younger when I had Wiley. My youngest only got to pet him while I held him, but my oldest played with him all the time. Wiley was very docile and friendly, but again, loved to crawl everywhere, but I think that was more his personality.
I had another one, through my teenage years and into early adulthood, Stormie. She was a lazy little one and was a good bit like my beardie now. Stormie was a lot more calm and was quite content to just lounge around with me. She did like to explore, but not nearly as much as Wiley did.
It really does depend on their personality just like with our beardies. :)

Vh621

Hatchling Member
88676-4356481042.jpg
This is Treecko he's my 5 month old leo. When I first got him he was really flighty and now he lets me hold him when I take him out he usually walks up to my forearm and lays down. It might seem like affection but he's just absorbing warmth, still cute though lol. He can still be pretty flighty I work with him everyday. As smacky said like with beardies each personality is different. Because you want a really friendly one I'd recommend getting one who's a little older this way the person you get him from can tell you about their personality because generally with babies you just don't know what you're getting lol. I still couldn't tell you what Treecko's personality will be like when he's older.

reptiles93002

Original Poster
Thank you all! My parents are letting me get a leopard gecko in about 2, maybe 3 weeks for my birthday. I've decided I'm going to get a female super snow leopard gecko, and name her Ponyo (after my favorite anime movie from my childhood lol). I really appreciate the input, and I'm excited to add on to my reptile collection! :lol: :lol: :love5: :love10:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom