Are Henna Tattoos Safe Around Bearded Dragons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asher3105

Original Poster
hello! I am brand new to this form, but I have a burning question. I am getting my first bearded dragon in January, and this has been on my mind for weeks. I often use henna in place of drawing on my hands, but I can't find any information about it and if it is dangerous for bearded dragons on the internet.

Henna is a temporary tattooing paste made from the Henna plant. the paste stains the skin in which is it applied for about a week, then fades away after that time.

my concern is as it fades, the henna peels and flakes off. It does take some light rubbing, but otherwise when it is in that state it comes of easily. I am unsure if it would be dangerous to a bearded dragons skin, or if it is something that would be dangerous if it is accidently ingested while handling.

the henna I have does say it is all natural, but does not directly state the ingredients on the packaging.

Thank you so much for your time and help!

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Don't take the chance!!! There are MANY natural things that are toxic to dragons and not knowing makes it toxic (as they say in firefighting, if you can't read it, it is pronounced "methylethylkillyourass") !!! In other words treat it as it is toxic!!!

Asher3105

Original Poster
Don't take the chance!!! There are MANY natural things that are toxic to dragons and not knowing makes it toxic (as they say in firefighting, if you can't read it, it is pronounced "methylethylkillyourass") !!! In other words treat it as it is toxic!!!
Yes, that's pretty much what I was thinking. I haven't heard of the fire fighter thing tho loll.

thank you for responding :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom