archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Did the dragon bite it's own tail off, or did another dragon do it?

Can you post pictures of the tail and wound? Most important thing to do is to keep it clean so that infection doesn't set it. As long as you can keep the wound clean, it will heal over and be fine.

If you have unpasteurized raw honey, it is a great item to use for keeping wounds clean and sterile. Just make sure there are no insects loose in the tank that will be attracted to the honey and nibble and your dragons tail.

-Brandon

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Do you have any antibiotic ointment on hand, you can use that on the tip of the tail. How is
it looking today?

Tracie

BeardedScales

i highly recommend soaking the beardie in a diluted povidone iodine solution for about 10-15 minutes(monitor your beardie while in bath so they dont drink too much of it) and definitely get an antibacterial ointment(over the counter is fine) repeat the soak every other day but keep up with the oitment. change out the substrate for paper towels until the wound is completely healed.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
darkcorewolfie":3n5t8bvw said:
its lookig a bit red but itrs fine but i dont have any antibiotics :(
You're going to have to go out and get something then. Spend a little bit now or an infection could set in that ends up costing you hundreds at a vet later.

Personally I like raw unpasteurized honey for wound care, but you can use general antibiotic ointments too. Stay away from hydrogen peroxide.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk
Hi everyone, I have a question please. I have a thick branch I got from outside. It has been in freezing temperatures so I know that it is insect free. I took it off the ground and sat it up during a night we got down to 15 so the entire thing would freeze. Well tonight I put white vinegar all over it too cleanse it since it won't fit in my oven. Do I need to rinse with water tomorrow or is it fine left alone dried?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2butlerbeardies
Top Bottom