Arcadia UVB replacement help? (T5)

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Hey guys I ordered Arcadia T5 UVB 24" 12% desert bulbs (bulbs and fixtures) I contacted the supplier for a replacement. My problem is is that I couldn't find the bulbs so I contacted them and they gave me almost identical replacements. But what they sent me was 22" bulbs it basically goes 22" 34" and 46". I have a slight feeling I will need to replace everything and that is $180+ I don't necessarily have. I was under the impression that I could replace the bulbs once a year and NOT the bulbs and fixtures.

This is a headache and a half smfh

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hey guys I ordered Arcadia T5 UVB 24" 12% desert bulbs (bulbs and fixtures) I contacted the supplier for a replacement. My problem is is that I couldn't find the bulbs so I contacted them and they gave me almost identical replacements. But what they sent me was 22" bulbs it basically goes 22" 34" and 46". I have a slight feeling I will need to replace everything and that is $180+ I don't necessarily have. I was under the impression that I could replace the bulbs once a year and NOT the bulbs and fixtures.

This is a headache and a half smfh
You need a 22" bulb and you can get a 22" Reptisun T 5 to replace the 12% bulb -- I checked pangeareptiles and they are sold out of the Arcadia 22" bulbs -- so you can use this one I have used both bulbs

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
You need a 22" bulb and you can get a 22" Reptisun T 5 to replace the 12% bulb -- I checked pangeareptiles and they are sold out of the Arcadia 22" bulbs -- so you can use this one I have used both bulbs
Would it be the same though? Like same power same watt and it'll fit safely in to the fixtures I have?

Added a pic meant to before

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220804-091352.jpg
    Screenshot_20220804-091352.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 67

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I forgot pet smart is now carrying the Arcadias check there
Ugh ok this is a face palm moment my email says 24" bulbs yet the box I found (I save boxes for bulbs) both say 22"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220804-091352.jpg
    Screenshot_20220804-091352.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_20220804_105423~2.jpg
    IMG_20220804_105423~2.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 68

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
A 24" fixture takes a 22" bulb
Ya that didn't dawn on me so thank you for the info I'll snag 2 bulbs either today or next month. I know the T5 I have last 12 months is there a given time frame that is ideal to change it? Like should I wait a week or 2 before it needs to be changed or should I change it a month before? I don't wanna wait till the last minute and next thing I know the bulb already expired a week or so beforehand. I'm asking bc i'm not use to the Arcadia's and this will be my first time changes bulbs and I don't wanna leave my beardies with no UVB

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ya that didn't dawn on me so thank you for the info I'll snag 2 bulbs either today or next month. I know the T5 I have last 12 months is there a given time frame that is ideal to change it? Like should I wait a week or 2 before it needs to be changed or should I change it a month before? I don't wanna wait till the last minute and next thing I know the bulb already expired a week or so beforehand. I'm asking bc i'm not use to the Arcadia's and this will be my first time changes bulbs and I don't wanna leave my beardies with no UVB
I recommend a month prior to install for the Arcadia and the reptisun -

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom