Arcadia lighting. Worth the investment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcceptableGeek

Hatchling Member
Looking at getting a UV basking bulb kit along with a full length 6500K T5 as an upgrade for my 75g. This was recommended in an email by the folks over at LightYourReptiles.com. Seems like a decent setup IMO. But I'd like the forums thoughts and opinions before I make final decision.

If you are using Arcadia bulbs what is your experience?

Or if you have anymore sources for research on this topic please link them.

Thanks, AG

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I use an Arcadia T5 from LightYourReptiles. I love it. Bulb kept a good output for over a year. I've heard others say great things about their MVBs as well. Based on my experience, high quality stuff and LYR is a good company to work with.

AcceptableGeek

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks CooperDragon. I've been dissatisfied with Zoo Med for the past few months so I'm switching to all Arcadia. LYR has been very helpful and I will be ordering from them.

I'm just unsure what I want haha. Still debating on the MVB basking bulb with a full length 6500k T5 or Arcadia 12% with halogen basking combos.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I have the Arcadia 12% T5 and halogen basking and it works well. Their MVB setups are pretty tempting too but I like the wide spread of UVB that the tubes provide. My tank is a bit smaller than yours but the UVB tube alone provides a ton of bright light so I didn't bother with additional daylight bulbs. If I had a bigger tank that would sustain multiple basking areas I'd probably look into using an MVB in one of the basking areas.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
I've not tried any of the Arcadia products, but I think their lighting guides suggest a MVB paired with T5s? I'm not sure, but Todd should be able to advise you on that.

Also, Mega Ray announced their UVB Metal Halide is getting close to production/release. I'm not sure when Fran will get a chance to test them but wanted to mention it.

AcceptableGeek

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
That's correct Taterbug. Todd suggested that when using a mvb you want to supplement an additional tube light like a 6500k t5 to have the full spectrum lighting. It mostly helps with the animals psych behavior, because one light alone can't provide EVERYTHING. That way the tank is bright with the color spectrum and they can bask to get heat and UVB. At least that is how I understand it.

SukiLove

Juvie Member
That is what I was told as well, I have Nero in a 90 gallon and he seems to favor the tube side with the halogen basking spot in the mornings/mid afternoon, and then later afternoon/evenings he likes to hang out on his basking spot under the MVB.

SukiLove

Juvie Member
Here is Nero's setup; on the left is the uvb tube and the halogen flood lamp, basking temp of ~109 degrees. On the right is the mvb and the other halogen flood lamp (which is too big in the pic because I had to use a temporary one as it burned out last night apparently :roll: ), basking temp of ~108 degrees up on the platform. I have some pavestones I am going to be putting in to change things up a bit, but the lighting will not change.
81392-8015839653.jpg
81392-4656117074.jpg
81392-9782200618.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom