Arcadia 12% vs. 14% in 2' Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

resamille

Beardie name(s)
Lio, Micah (deceased)
I've got a 4x2x2 enclosure with the 34" 12% bulb inside the enclosure. Currently Micah's basking spot is mounted at about 12-14" below the UVB, in line with the recommended distance for that bulb as far as I know. I honestly wouldn't even consider getting the 14% since I've had no issues with the 12% EXCEPT for the fact Micah has been a bit of a brat recently (I think he's doing a weird pseudo-brumation) where he's been napping quite a bit on the floor of his enclosure (~22" from UVB). He also weirdly likes sitting under his CHE bulb which is on the opposite side of the tank, not directly under the UVB and about 18" from the UVB. Considering these habits, would it be a good idea to get the 14% and just lower his basking spot accordingly?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would leave as is - he knows when he needs the UVB and will go sit when he needs to

resamille

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Lio, Micah (deceased)
I'm just a terrible helicopter parent honestly, so I worry, but I'll trust he's getting what he needs. 12% bulb it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom