Aquarium Tree Root To Bask? (And rocks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Wondering if this top fin tree root would be a acceptable basking spot its large heavy and wide enough so I wont need to zip tie anything together and wont tip just unsure how it would react to heat. I'm also wondering if anyone has ever tried the natural organic rocks that retain heat. Some are insanely expensive but if its safe and wont tip over on my beardies or crack in half I dont mind the price ($50-$150+ depending size) read some reviews and they are 50/50

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211118-103133.jpg
    Screenshot_20211118-103133.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 127

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Does the product page say what type of wood the branch is? It should be fine either way.

the natural organic rocks that retain heat.
Hahaha.... Aren't all rocks natural and "organic" lol? Or am I missing something here? If these are buzzwords being thrown around to sell rocks, I'd stay away from them and use plain ol' rocks you find yourself locally. Most all rocks you find yourself will be suitable for the enclosure, and will retain heat just as well.

-Brandon

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hi there,

Does the product page say what type of wood the branch is? It should be fine either way.

Hahaha.... Aren't all rocks natural and "organic" lol? Or am I missing something here? If these are buzzwords being thrown around to sell rocks, I'd stay away from them and use plain ol' rocks you find yourself locally. Most all rocks you find yourself will be suitable for the enclosure, and will retain heat just as well.

-Brandon
Product does not say the kind its more or less a solid resin and its also made for semi aquatic fish tanks. And Brandon I meant natural and organic as in no hard plastic or ceramic I have seen so many that are fake knockoffs I used to farm my own driftwood not really any rocks. Plus I'm used to having solid glass fish tanks so a rock wasnt the best option lol but I'm weary nowadays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom