Anything to help itchy scales?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sriley

So our little Mushu has a growth/lump on the side of his head. There is an an ongoing thread about it that I posted, the members and admins of this web site have been excellent in helping. He now is having some itchy ness around the growth/lump and is trying to rub it on the ground and glass.

Does anyone know of anything good that I can put on to help with the itchy ness?

He goes back to the vet soon but not till Monday.

Attachments

• 07D65202-6B6A-4B35-8CE4-63F6BBE21907.jpeg
    07D65202-6B6A-4B35-8CE4-63F6BBE21907.jpeg
    273.6 KB · Views: 122

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your boy doing, I hope he has been doing much better!
You can try some aloe vera gel, that is very safe in helping all types of skin ailments. Silver gel can also be helpful with skin issues,
etc. Are you giving baths a few times per week too?

Tracie

Sriley

Original Poster
He is still holding in there. We have seen some improvement. The lump on the side of his face went almost completely away and the lump that is on his head is now becoming soft compared to originally when it was very hard. He is also much more alert and will bask for a long time mostly standing up on all fours though.

Off and on he will try to push his face and head along the ground and claw at the bump like it itches.

He does get a few baths a week for about 15 min at a time. My wife will usually take a very soft toothbrush and with the warm water rub the brush softly in the area of the lump going with the scales and right away he pushes against the brush and closes his eyes. Then when she stops he gives her the funniest look as to say “why did you stop human?” Lol

He has some trouble if he stands up quickly and tries to run. Sometimes he falls over. We think it’s because he is off balance because of the lump plus we don’t think he can see out of his left eye anymore. The swelling had made it swell shut but recently the swelling has gone down some and he is able to open it.

He goes back to the vet on Monday

We will try Aloe on a small spot away from his head to make sure he doesn’t have any issue with it. Thank you

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great news to hear the lump on the side of his face has reduced to almost non existent size & the lump on his head is improving,
too. At least he is getting better & is basking more often also. I hope he is feeling better.
It sounds like he is a pampered little one, what a lucky guy! They can sure get spoiled but that's ok. I'm happy to hear his eye has gone
down to where he can at least open it enough to see out of it. You could also try placing a warm & moist chamomile tea bag onto his eye
to see if that helps with the swelling. You can put that over the affected eye to help with healing & swelling.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom