Anyone's beardies showing signs of brumation already??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
I'm just wondering if anyone has a beardie already acting like it is going to brumate soon?

Mine is showing symptoms already...

peera

Sub-Adult Member
Yeah, Gibby's slowing down already. I wish he'd wait longer, summer isn't over yet you silly dragons!

turkeybird

Hatchling Member
This past week, Zilla has stopped eating live food and is only eating veggies. He did this last year at the same time. So I guess this is his routine for brummation. I hope he comes out of it earlier than last year. I miss the little guy when he's down for the winter.

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yeah it seems like they spend an eternity brumating and a month or two out!!! Why do they like to waste their lives away sleeping? They should be out taking over the world. :)

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
I have one that seemed to brumate late last spring and is finally showing me his lively self again and is eating good again. Maybe I can finally fatten him back up.

Ruby2uesday

Juvie Member
How do you know when they really start brumating and at what age? Huego is almost 8 mo so i'm just wanting to be prepared! I think he slept all day one day, but that was the day i left for work LATE!!!! and wasn't able to feed him. But he was still under his blankey when i got home and no poops all day. When i lifted the blankey up he was fine. It's light enough so he can see when lights come on. Thanks for any info!!!! :)

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
yeah E is down....I am trying to curb it since this will be his first but I am losing lol

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Scorch started slowing down on live feeders and salads about a month ago, but it is still 100* outside here. This will be her first brumination as well. I think my husband will go nuts when she starts her sleep. He is such a worry wart.

Ruby2uesday

Juvie Member
I will definatly worry, but it will give my roach colony time to build back up and me a little break on my wallet from PW's! But that is the only thing! I will miss my little man while he's snoozing!

EclpsPrinc

Juvie Member
Most all of our adults have slowed wwwaaayyyy down on their eating. Leonidas is going down fast... sleeping most of the day under his log. All fecals have been done so we're ready! I sure wish I could brumate for a couple of months :lol:

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Ha, after getting almost no sleep last night because I kept having weird lizard dreams and today being the first day of school for my jr high student, I am ready for brumination too!

peera

Sub-Adult Member
I honestly can't believe so many are down already! I've been trying to wake Gibby up when I catch him snoozing, but he wants none of it. Dora's looking kind of sleepy now too....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom