Anyone else use a cinderblock?

Nabewolf

Just curious to see if anyone else uses a cinderblock in their setups. I put 1 in my girl Ripleys tank after she laid her first clutch this year, seems to like it, nice wide basking area perfect to pancake on and it holds heat a bit after lights out.

Attachments

• 20230322_230626.jpg
    20230322_230626.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 277
  • 20230322_230626.jpg
    20230322_230626.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 73

Nikki.D

Hatchling Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Garnie
Just curious to see if anyone else uses a cinderblock in their setups. I put 1 in my girl Ripleys tank after she laid her first clutch this year, seems to like it, nice wide basking area perfect to pancake on and it holds heat a bit after lights out.
Although I don’t use cinder blocks make sure it is clean and mold doesn’t start to grow on it. You should check the humidity levels and temperature each day to make sure it is right and that the cinder blocks don’t affect it.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Keep and eye on her belly for the first little bit, concrete can be a little caustic. If she isn't having any adverse effects it should be ok.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Keep and eye on her belly for the first little bit, concrete can be a little caustic. If she isn't having any adverse effects it should be ok.
Good point, especially if it gets wet.

However, after it "ages" it should be safer :)

I've used cement pavers and such before in the past with no issue. Cinder block if true cinderblock is going to be cement and coal as opposed to cement and sand/stone.

-Brandon

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dizzykat
Top Bottom