Anyone else have a hyper beardie?

umbrezon

Beardie name(s)
Kovu
This is mostly a question for ideas to help play with him to get some energy out. My beardie Kovu is a 3-4 year old male (unsure exact age) but recently he has been VERY active. I swapped him to a 120 gallon last Sunday.

He's wall climbing, glass surfing/hitting his nose on the glass, when I'm studying I'll go in my office where his tank is and sit on the floor and let him run around the room. I swear he could run for hours if I had the time :ROFLMAO:

I'm mostly looking to see if anyone has ideas for enrichment to help with the higher energy levels? I've played with him before with a cat teaser which he liked chasing, but I wanted other ideas maybe to help him get rid of some energy besides him just running around and trying to climb everything.

edited to add: he does have mildly blocked femoral pores atm that I'm trying to work off with a warm washcloth - he absolutely HATES baths and freaks out like you could imagine a cat would in one. Not sure if maybe this could be causing him to be super active as well

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
This is mostly a question for ideas to help play with him to get some energy out. My beardie Kovu is a 3-4 year old male (unsure exact age) but recently he has been VERY active. I swapped him to a 120 gallon last Sunday.

He's wall climbing, glass surfing/hitting his nose on the glass, when I'm studying I'll go in my office where his tank is and sit on the floor and let him run around the room. I swear he could run for hours if I had the time :ROFLMAO:

I'm mostly looking to see if anyone has ideas for enrichment to help with the higher energy levels? I've played with him before with a cat teaser which he liked chasing, but I wanted other ideas maybe to help him get rid of some energy besides him just running around and trying to climb everything.

edited to add: he does have mildly blocked femoral pores atm that I'm trying to work off with a warm washcloth - he absolutely HATES baths and freaks out like you could imagine a cat would in one. Not sure if maybe this could be causing him to be super active as well
I call it spring fever- my boy does it every year around this time- get him out for like 2 hrs see if that doesn't help - post a pic of his pores-

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Best thing you can do for the pores is give him a piece of stone to rub them on, as a bonus it will blunt his nails also. Sandstone, limestone, basalt, granite, slate, ect works good, just make sure there isn't any sharp edges that could injure him. Also if you collect them outside sanitize them before giving to him.

umbrezon

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Kovu
1673919112214.jpg

Best thing you can do for the pores is give him a piece of stone to rub them on, as a bonus it will blunt his nails also. Sandstone, limestone, basalt, granite, slate, ect works good, just make sure there isn't any sharp edges that could injure him. Also if you collect them outside sanitize them before giving to him.
I call it spring fever- my boy does it every year around this time- get him out for like 2 hrs see if that doesn't help - post a pic of his pores-
here's a pic of his pores (sorry it's scuffed, easiest way with one person haha). Any recommendations where I can buy stone? Not sure where i'd find any outside.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Is there any place near you that sells landscaping stuff? If there's anyplace that sells flagstone you could get it there. Thats where i got mine.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
View attachment 77029

here's a pic of his pores (sorry it's scuffed, easiest way with one person haha). Any recommendations where I can buy stone? Not sure where i'd find any outside.
You can also get some coconut oil and put that on them to soften them up- keep putting it on them when they get good and soft gently squeeze them they should come unplugged

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom