kenobisaber

Tigger is my oldest beardie, he will be two years old on August 15th and Mando will be 1 year on May 18th.
I am in a slight predicament.

Their cages are across the room from each other. When Mando first arrived home (late January), Tigger went BEZERK..like I never seen him act like it. Running across his cage, bobbing his head and black bearding. I was able to block Tigger's view - so that he could not see Mando - however, he would still bob and his beard would be a more dark grey than black. But not go as crazy. He wouldnt run across the cage and destroy everything in it. He has done this since late January, and I have no idea HOW to stop it.
A couple weeks ago, he saw Mando and went nuts and today he saw him and went nuts.. he is running around, bobbing and black bearding again. He cant even see him anymore!! I am so worried and panicking that his health will deteriorate because of this. Mando is not phased by Tigger but still I do not know what do do. I feel so bad. I just wish Tigger's color on his beard would go back to normal. What can I do?
His beard is dark and has not returned back to being completely orange like it used to before Mando came here.

Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Tigger is my oldest beardie, he will be two years old on August 15th and Mando will be 1 year on May 18th.
I am in a slight predicament.

Their cages are across the room from each other. When Mando first arrived home (late January), Tigger went BEZERK..like I never seen him act like it. Running across his cage, bobbing his head and black bearding. I was able to block Tigger's view - so that he could not see Mando - however, he would still bob and his beard would be a more dark grey than black. But not go as crazy. He wouldnt run across the cage and destroy everything in it. He has done this since late January, and I have no idea HOW to stop it.
A couple weeks ago, he saw Mando and went nuts and today he saw him and went nuts.. he is running around, bobbing and black bearding again. He cant even see him anymore!! I am so worried and panicking that his health will deteriorate because of this. Mando is not phased by Tigger but still I do not know what do do. I feel so bad. I just wish Tigger's color on his beard would go back to normal. What can I do?
His beard is dark and has not returned back to being completely orange like it used to before Mando came here.
How did you block his view and how did he manage to see him? Can you put the tanks side by side? If not I would probably get him into another room -- this would prevent him from seeing him at all-- I have my two males in the same room but they are in Zen tanks and have solid sides- they are side by side and have seen each other once-- that was my mistake I put Blaze directly across from Hiccup in his carrier when I was deep cleaning his tank -- Hiccup went nuts - last time I did that so from now on when cleaning those tanks I take the one dragon in his carrier and set him on my kitchen table -- that way hes completely out of the room and no chance for them to see one another-

kenobisaber

Original Poster
How did you block his view and how did he manage to see him? Can you put the tanks side by side? If not I would probably get him into another room -- this would prevent him from seeing him at all-- I have my two males in the same room but they are in Zen tanks and have solid sides- they are side by side and have seen each other once-- that was my mistake I put Blaze directly across from Hiccup in his carrier when I was deep cleaning his tank -- Hiccup went nuts - last time I did that so from now on when cleaning those tanks I take the one dragon in his carrier and set him on my kitchen table -- that way hes completely out of the room and no chance for them to see one another-
The only issue is, I cannot get him into another room. I blocked it by this giant poster board type thing.

kenobisaber

Original Poster

Attachments

• 1F57837C-B1BE-4328-A6FD-7391B40C44E4.jpeg
    1F57837C-B1BE-4328-A6FD-7391B40C44E4.jpeg
    115.2 KB · Views: 110
  • CCBA8263-131C-4183-BA1D-E72EDE12B779.jpeg
    CCBA8263-131C-4183-BA1D-E72EDE12B779.jpeg
    201.4 KB · Views: 111
  • C70401E6-FCA8-4386-B4C9-36C8BE072CA5.jpeg
    C70401E6-FCA8-4386-B4C9-36C8BE072CA5.jpeg
    200.7 KB · Views: 123

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Here’s pictures of him! The last one is a different angle as well. Maybe it’s not as dark as I thought but still..I worry about him constantly.
That is normal coloring -- when it goes black you will know -- he looks like a pretty boy--

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Very good looking dragon. I posted a thread a while back about my male and my females displaying even though they couldn't "see each other" they where one above the other. Then i realized they could see each others reflection in the sliding glass door. Maybe Tigger can see Mando the same way.
I agree with Karrieree though, in the pics you posted he isn't displaying.

Minimum3

Hatchling Member
Make sure that Mando is in fact a boy. That could have a lot to do with his behavior. If Mando is a girl he can smell her and he will continue to be aggressive. That's just the nature of it. Also, if Mando is not a girl, they're both still fairly young and Trigger is probably bigger and has been in the room the longest so he is staking claim to his territory. If you can't move them in to different rooms your going to have to get creative and rearrange some furniture. You can buy shelving for them, or if you have someone who is handy you can have one made. Stress isn't a bad thing, but with Trigger being aggressive like that I would be worried about him hurting himself trying to get to Mando. It's typical behavior and nothing to worry about, but they can be very single minded when it comes to mating or being protective of their territory.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom