Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weegie

Took weegie to vet today.Weighs a whole half a pound :mrgreen: Anyways,they fond protozoa in his stool so now he's on Flagyl.Vet demonstrated how to open his mouth and medicate him.She took one of those plastic spatulas like for cake icing and pryed his mouth open then took syringe and put down back of throat.Just wondering if anybody else has a different way cuz he really didn't like when she did it.She said you can put on food but sometimes they don't like the way it taste and don't eat.

Zemanski

Hatchling Member
flagyl is the one that tastes nice - that's how my vet told the difference between the meds when she got them mixed up :D

I just hold his head by the ears then gently pull the side of his mouth down with one finger and slide the syringe into the gap, he will then open his mouth a little and I can slide the syringe right in - the vet showed me how to do this yesterday and it's the technique I've been using to syringe in the electrolytes he's been on for the last week anyway

Weegie

Original Poster
Yeah i think i'll try that first cuz the way she did it,she held the spatula in his mouth to keep it open and he didn't like that one bit.He turned jet black until she was done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom