Any other bird-hunters??

Status
Not open for further replies.
This really freaked me out but once i realized what was happening it was kind of funny...

I was feeling guilty about all the trips to the petstore for my beardie (Malys) so a couple of weeks ago, picked up a new cat toy as well (she does have seniority LOL!). It looks like a mini-feather duster on a two-foot wand and since it's now the only toy she plays with, i stuck the wand in a bookcase so the 'feather duster' sticks out and she can play with it if I'm not around.

That weekend Malys was out of his tank and spotted it across the room, tore across and made as if he was going to jump up and eat it! I grabbed it just before he did and then hid it until i put him back. Yesterday i was pretty worried about him, he was freaking out in his tank like he wanted out (which he never does), digging in the corner, and basically just going mad. I held him for a bit and he seemed to relax and about 5 minutes later was doing it again. About 30 seconds into this little tantrum i realized that my niece was across the room swinging around this 'feather duster' and Malys just wanted to attack it. I've since relocated the feather duster to live in another room. I'm just surprised that he was interested in it. I've never heard of beardies hunting birds...has anyone else?

FJM

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
No, i didn't let him catch it. I am going to try to make something out of maybe dandelion greens...he might chase that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom