Any idea why his foot gets this dark?

sunnystunna

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Oslo/Ozzie
I literally took these pictures within a minute of each other- every time I walk by his enclosure his foot is nearly black, then as soon as I start holding him it goes back to normal. Is this something I should be concerned about or is it just another weird beardie quirk?

Attachments

• D5399F8D-9790-4227-B506-654F58B8F3E7.jpeg
    D5399F8D-9790-4227-B506-654F58B8F3E7.jpeg
    139.1 KB · Views: 104
  • 2992978E-D472-4CFE-AC7B-364D4A8CA6D2.jpeg
    2992978E-D472-4CFE-AC7B-364D4A8CA6D2.jpeg
    173.5 KB · Views: 63

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
How old is he? As they get bigger they start to shed differently. It will become patchy, maybe a foot, or maybe a leg and a spot on his tail, ect.
It can also look different than when they are young (i suspect it is dependent on skin thickness in that particular spot, but thats just a guess) 🙂

sunnystunna

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Oslo/Ozzie
How old is he? As they get bigger they start to shed differently. It will become patchy, maybe a foot, or maybe a leg and a spot on his tail, ect.
It can also look different than when they are young (i suspect it is dependent on skin thickness in that particular spot, but thats just a guess) 🙂
Um he’s a rescue. I took him in on April 6th and the owner could only tell me he was ‘over a year’ old. So probably around 2 now? He’s 13 inches long though, so about the size of a 6 month old. I have noticed his sheds get more patchy. The first two or three with me were very fast and pretty much all at once, but this last shed and the one before it have been more spread out. I’m glad it’s not anything to worry about, although I do find it weird that it goes back to a normal color when I hold him. It’s almost like he’s doing it for attention lol.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom