Ant Killer

Peapthis

So I took my dragon to a cookout at the neighbors and let him or her (not sure) run around. Not even 5 minutes and it went to a pile of ant killer and licked it……at least it looked like it licked it! I scooped it up quickly and Since then it’s been very lethargic, still eats when put food in front of it face, will drink when I give it drops of water but not moving much at all. Any suggestions?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Get some activated charcoal and dose per instruction abd get your beardie to a vet

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry I missed this post! How is your sweet dragon, were you able to get some activated charcoal for her
or get her to a vet?
What type of ants, fire ants or red ants?

Tracie

Peapthis

Original Poster
Hello,

Sorry I missed this post! How is your sweet dragon, were you able to get some activated charcoal for her
or get her to a vet?
What type of ants, fire ants or red ants?

Tracie
My dragon is back in action! I ended up having to order charcoal online, but by the time it got here all was good! Not sure what was going on?! It was day 2 and he (or she) took a very large poo and all seemed to go back to normal🤷🏻‍♀️

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
AC is really only effective if given pretty quickly after ingestion of a toxin.

Sounds like your dragon only licked up a little bit of the tasty ant poison, LOL. Add a little bit of extra water to the diet to help flush the kidneys from any residual stress caused from filtering out the ant bait.

-Brandon

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Shopee.vn - Trang Chủ — Miễn phí vận chuyển. Đặt hàng Shopee ngay. Hoàn tiền 100% nếu hàng không như quảng cáo. Chương trình: Miễn Phí Vận Chuyển, Tổng Đài Hỗ Trợ 24/7, Nhận Hàng Thanh Toán. Sản phẩm chính hãng. Thỏa Thích Mua Sắm. Sản Phẩm Đa Dạng. Với nhiều ưu đãi.
Hi I have a hypo bearded dragon called Buddy. He is two, and I have a lot of experience looking after him. He has never benn sick before so I am hoping he will not!
Hello , im still figureing out this platform,
So violet laid eggs, weeks ago, she was doing very well , in the last 3 to 4 days her poop was more than runny . Haven't changed much in her diet , an appetite is very good. Should I be considering a parasites remedy as she does get bloated as soon as she starts to eat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beardie888
Top Bottom