Another (Possible) Craig's List Horror

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissFirefly

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
evanescent":1usu6kbb said:
Her insults and 'fight starters' are so ghetto, it hurts.. XD

'custy'? 'leggo headup'? 'broke shank'? Oh my. I fear for her future and/or current offspring.
They will grow up to be *****ic racists just like her..

I wouldn't get into an argument with her as I don't think she will take any of it to heart and it's much important to get the dragon out of the situation then get through to this woman. She has stopped answering my texts so not sure what is happening now...

Coliosis

Juvie Member
I had to send a bit of "educational hate mail" myself lol

"You honestly do not deserve to own any pet, or care for any living being at all. What makes you think it's okay to toss away one animal and bring in another?? You didn't even have the common sense to research what would happen if you put a baby in with an adult bearded dragon? That tells me that you probably don't research anything at all about your animals, which is again clearly shown as you have an ADULT beardie in a 10 gallon tank!!! That there is animal cruelty alone. A 10 gallon is barely big enough for a hatchling. And PLEASE tell me you do NOT have your baby on sand as well?

Please think of something other than yourself for a minute and take time to LEARN how to PROPERLY CARE for your animals. You should give them both away to an animal rescue as you are clearly way too immature to care for anything or anyone other than yourself, " I ain't giving you my 55" tank lmao gtfo" Seriously? Grow up. But if you don't have the decency to do that, which I'm sure you don't, at least do a little research on their proper care, if you are capable."

Who honestly feels it's necessary to include "I ain't giving you my 55" tank lmao gtfo" in an ad ?

Poor lil beardies! :( Wish I could take them...

evanescent

Juvie Member
MissFirefly":bwyjpu7w said:
I wouldn't get into an argument with her as I don't think she will take any of it to heart and it's much important to get the dragon out of the situation then get through to this woman. She has stopped answering my texts so not sure what is happening now...
She stopped replying anyway. o_O

I hope it went to a good home or she's busy rather than her just simply not replying to you... >__<

MissFirefly

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
evanescent":38xhhee5 said:
MissFirefly":38xhhee5 said:
She stopped replying anyway. o_O

I hope it went to a good home or she's busy rather than her just simply not replying to you... >__<

My point is it's better to be nice when talking to these people as you might be able to use it as a chance to educate them and if you rely on insults and arguments then they will be more inclined to ignore you and continue their bad behavior.

Not everyone does do the proper research when acquiring a pet or thinks that all pet store employees are knowledgeable and sometimes people just make mistakes. While this woman isn't pleasant, I was nice and civil the entire time and tried to give her proper information ("no, bearded dragons can't be housed together", "adults need at least a 40 gallon breeder to be happy", etc.) so she doesn't get another dragon and try to make them "friends".

If we approach all of these situations combatively then there's a good chance we are losing opportunities to educate people on proper bearded dragon care. In my opinion, I prefer to keep my anger in check if it means teaching someone how to care for an animal.

evanescent

Juvie Member
MissFirefly":33agn697 said:
My point is it's better to be nice when talking to these people as you might be able to use it as a chance to educate them and if you rely on insults and arguments then they will be more inclined to ignore you and continue their bad behavior.

Not everyone does do the proper research when acquiring a pet or thinks that all pet store employees are knowledgeable and sometimes people just make mistakes. While this woman isn't pleasant, I was nice and civil the entire time and tried to give her proper information ("no, bearded dragons can't be housed together", "adults need at least a 40 gallon breeder to be happy", etc.) so she doesn't get another dragon and try to make them "friends".

If we approach all of these situations combatively then there's a good chance we are losing opportunities to educate people on proper bearded dragon care. In my opinion, I prefer to keep my anger in check if it means teaching someone how to care for an animal.
same, but once they get hostile or defensive it's all over..

She was insulting everyone bidding low, and told me straight-up that everyone's just trying to flip her $150 dragon..

MissFirefly

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
evanescent":3bc41mff said:
I usually stay all nice and mushy until I either have the dragon, or have 'list's the rescue..

Finally heard back but still not sure what's going on. If I do take this girl in going to immediately cut ties/connections with this person and rely on karma to take its course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom