Another (Possible) Craig's List Horror

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissFirefly

Hatchling Member
http://providence.craigslist.org/pet/2991695423.html

I've already reached out to her (?) and hopefully will get a response. I really wasn't planning on another dragon quite yet (wanted my boy to be an adult/out of the "need constant feeding, bath, etc. phase") but my soul cannot bear the thought of this adult dragon in a 10 gallon tank being picked up by someone who will continue her poor care. I've asked her age, diet, and other key pieces so we'll see what her "owner" has to say.

I'll keep everyone posted if I hear back/take her in.

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
I'm almost scared to ask what a "dehorning" fee is that the poster mentioned?!!? :(

So sad.

MissFirefly

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm hoping they meant "rehoming" but who knows...

Got a few pictures. She's most certainly a bit skinny but can't see any signs of MBD which is one thing, at least. Still trying to get her age and other information.

Hoping, if I can't take her, I can at least educate them and try to re-inforce that animals aren't to be tossed away when you want to bring a new one into your home.

MissFirefly

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Getting her background in bits and pieces, but, this is what I have thus far -

*Giving her up because they got a male baby beardie and the female tried to "eat" him when they put them together in the tank (shock!)
*She lives in a 10 gallon tank :evil:
*Eats crickets, meal worms, and they leave "veggies" in for her but she never eats them (they do at least dust the crickets with calcium)

Still waiting on the heating & light details.

I am advising them to get at least a 40 gallon breeder if they plan to keep the male but they have now stopped responding to messages so they might not have taken my very nice attempt to educate them well. At least I can say I tried.

MissFirefly

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
This girl, sadly, isn't coming home with me. I tried to talk the woman down a bit from the "dehorning" fee because I wasn't going to take the 10 gallon tank or the dried crickets but she wouldn't accept it claiming the new dragon she got (why she's dumping this one) cost her more at Petco than what I was offering so why should she take it :banghead:

She then proceeded to tell me that someone else offered more so too bad for me. I just really, really hope they don't keep her in that 10 gallon and maybe, by some miracle, they end up on this site and learn how to give her the best care possible. The poor thing deserves it.

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
This laddie is a dummie who give improper care to a dragon tell its an adult then just dump to give a new baby improper care

evanescent

Juvie Member
"You should give that poor female to a reptile rescue..

Btw UVB lights need to be replaced every 6 months to remain effective,
so chances are you'll need a new light for your new baby anyway." ~me.

I predict that this shall result in flaming, but oh well.

MissFirefly

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Zeusmybeardie":2df2fqv5 said:
This laddie is a dummie who give improper care to a dragon tell its an adult then just dump to give a new baby improper care

Precisely. Pets aren't disposable. She didn't bother to research before getting the new male baby bearded and was shocked when her female attacked him :banghead:

evanescent":2df2fqv5 said:
"You should give that poor female to a reptile rescue..

Btw UVB lights need to be replaced every 6 months to remain effective,
so chances are you'll need a new light for your new baby anyway." ~me.

I predict that this shall result in flaming, but oh well.

Be careful, she's really not a pleasant woman. She re-listed the poor girl on Craig's List so guessing the other person she told be about backed out. Wish I could take her in but doubt she will let me after our last "conversation" and my boy just had surgery and don't want to add unneeded stress as he's healing. Still, my heart breaks for her suffering in a 10 gallon after being a "loved" pet :cry:

evanescent

Juvie Member
MissFirefly":3n5d13sq said:
Be careful, she's really not a pleasant woman. She re-listed the poor girl on Craig's List so guessing the other person she told be about backed out. Wish I could take her in but doubt she will let me after our last "conversation" and my boy just had surgery and don't want to add unneeded stress as he's healing. Still, my heart breaks for her suffering in a 10 gallon after being a "loved" pet :cry:
Try using a different email? (;

and blaw, I do rescues all the time.. 'pleasant' people are few and far between. :p
But you do find them occasionally..
Example: a lady bought a baby beardie from a pet shop for her 4-year-old daughter, and found out she was prego again a little less than 2 weeks later. She knew she wouldn't have time for the beardie, so she decided to rehome her for free with the entire 40g setup because she knew that the baby had only been fed 7 crix a day at the petshop, and she didn't want her to suffer through that again. I send her updated pics as often as I can..

MissFirefly

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
evanescent":3i4r3zvw said:
MissFirefly":3i4r3zvw said:
Try using a different email? (;

and blaw, I do rescues all the time.. 'pleasant' people are few and far between. :p
But you do find them occasionally..
Example: a lady bought a baby beardie from a pet shop for her 4-year-old daughter, and found out she was prego again a little less than 2 weeks later. She knew she wouldn't have time for the beardie, so she decided to rehome her for free with the entire 40g setup because she knew that the baby had only been fed 7 crix a day at the petshop, and she didn't want her to suffer through that again. I send her updated pics as often as I can..

She only responds to texts and I wouldn't want to use anyone else's phone.

I understand, I volunteer at a shelter and sometimes you do run across people who are honestly doing what's best for the animal and are happy for the help. Sadly, this woman is less than not pleasant. After going back and forth with her, I wouldn't feel safe going to her house to get the dragon...

evanescent

Juvie Member
MissFirefly":30ycqwkn said:
She only responds to texts and I wouldn't want to use anyone else's phone.

I understand, I volunteer at a shelter and sometimes you do run across people who are honestly doing what's best for the animal and are happy for the help. Sadly, this woman is less than not pleasant. After going back and forth with her, I wouldn't feel safe going to her house to get the dragon...
use Google voice! :O
It's free to use/text, and when someone calls that number,
it goes straight to your phone without them knowing your real number..
Ask her to meet elsewhere? Perhaps without the tank?
Or bring a couple huge guy friends?

MissFirefly

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
evanescent":3d8918kd said:
use Google voice! :O
It's free to use/text, and when someone calls that number,
it goes straight to your phone without them knowing your real number..
Ask her to meet elsewhere? Perhaps without the tank?
Or bring a couple huge guy friends?

Just used Google Voice - will see if I get a response.

I really need to block Craig's List as these stories pop up almost everyday and there's no way I can possibly take in all of these dragons.

evanescent

Juvie Member
I am talking to the lady via email now.
She really IS a terror. XDD

She cursed me out sooo many times..
it turned into a conversation about her English skills, more or less.
Lmao learn speak English I know perfect type slag all I want you custy come on head up you scary ass bitch

Sent from my iPhone
the amusing part is, this is what she was replying to:
"Learn to speak English, first of all. Second of all, you need to be more open minded. Do some research perhaps?"

I love how she always spells 'beardie' like 'breadie'...
I don't even understand half of what she types to me..
And of course she would have an iphone..
She sent me 5 more emails before I replied to this one..

It seems like someone's got some butthurtttttt. :/

evanescent

Juvie Member
Her insults and 'fight starters' are so ghetto, it hurts.. XD

'custy'? 'leggo headup'? 'broke shank'? Oh my. I fear for her future and/or current offspring.
They will grow up to be *****ic racists just like her..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom