Animal Comminication with Beardies

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
At the risk of sounding too new-age woo-woo mystical... has anyone ever tried to communicate with their beardies using mental visualization? I just finished reading Jon Katz's book Talking to Animals, and while I'm not sure exactly where I stand on a lot of what he writes, I am curious.

The point he makes is that animals communicate with us via mental images that we can both send and recieve... for example, this morning, Figment was glass surfing and I opened his door, but did not reach in to get him. Instead, I cleared my mind, pictured him outside the cage and walking around, then pictured him coming towards me INSIDE the cage to let me pick him up. He immediately took several steps toward me and allowed me to pick him up with no tail-flailing or leg-waving, which is not usual for him.

It's not anything scientific - even remotely - but it was an odd enough coincidence that I thought I'd ask on this forum about it. I've always been of the mind that "animal psychics" may indeed be psychic - but that they're lifting images and ideas from the human owner's mind, not from the animal's.

But I am definitely in the camp of "curious enough to give it a go." Anyone else out there given this a shot?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I haven't heard of that before, but doesn't hurt anything to try it. Since dragons are visual communicators I usually try to show something or gesture things to communicate to an extent.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
You have to be one of those people who ACTUALLY believe in mental telepathy and psychic abilities …. I don't as there is ZERO real scientific evidence it's happens.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
My girlfriends beardie communicates when she wants out...... she poops and sets in it lol. (Saddly im be honest lol)

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
I want to get one of those books.
I'm gonna give one of these books a chance.
There's so many books on the subject...

My dad used to talk about being an 'animal psychic'
He loved his dogs
He still has dogs.

He never beat them
Never hit his snick
Snick would follow him & my dad wouldn't even use a leash.

Talk about a true connection...
You really can connect with these animals on a deeper level.

There is evidence that minds are telekinetic & can talk.
Psychology backs it up.
There is SOME evidence of Extrasensory perception.

Although very little.

I want to get one of those books.
I'm gonna give one of these books a chance.
There's so many books on the subject...

My dad used to talk about being an 'animal psychic'
He loved his dogs
He still has dogs.

He never beat them
Never hit his snick
Snick would follow him & my dad wouldn't even use a leash.

Talk about a true connection...
You really can connect with these animals on a deeper level.

There is evidence that minds are telekinetic & can talk.
Psychology backs it up.
There is SOME evidence of Extrasensory perception.

Although very little.

It sounds very strange (mental visualization). For example, dogs understand us anyway. I don't believe in any of this stuff. Anyway, I've heard of animal testing, used https://edubirdie.com/examples/animal-testing/ for that. Here I am against it, categorically. I do not know why in many countries it is still considered the norm!
so good wow

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleSofa
Top Bottom