Anemic bearded dragon with low blood sugar and low protein, looking for help and advice

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ok, that is a good sign he is active right now. Hopefully a higher basking bulb will help out.
The Ceftz should help with any type of infection, pretty quickly. Did they show you how & where
to do the injection? Those temperatures are fine now, especially if you are using a temp gun right now.
Oh you are kidding, the Arcadia UVB tube & fixture were broken? That just figures. I hope you can get
that rectified quickly.
The low blood sugar could be just diet related. It could also be pancreas or liver issues, too but it's most
likely going to be just diet right now.
Protozoa issues, that is pretty common. You are probably referring to Metronidazole to treat those, so
be sure to keep him well hydrated right now since he will be on both medications.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

mikaela

Original Poster
Hello,

Ok, that is a good sign he is active right now. Hopefully a higher basking bulb will help out.
The Ceftz should help with any type of infection, pretty quickly. Did they show you how & where
to do the injection? Those temperatures are fine now, especially if you are using a temp gun right now.
Oh you are kidding, the Arcadia UVB tube & fixture were broken? That just figures. I hope you can get
that rectified quickly.
The low blood sugar could be just diet related. It could also be pancreas or liver issues, too but it's most
Protozoa issues, that is pretty common. You are probably referring to Metronidazole to treat those, so
be sure to
Hello,

that rectified quickly.
be sure to keep him well hydrated right now since he will be on both medications.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie
They showed me, I’ve given him injections in the past so I have some experience with it as well. I have both medications for him now, the one to treat Protozoa will be given for a week and the other will be given every 3 days (I can’t remember for exactly how long). I have a replacement Arcadia UVB bulb on the way.
He’s still active and he ate all his food today. I’m making sure he’s hydrated, he won’t drink on his own so I either drop some water on him with a plastic syringe or spray some at him until he does. Overall he seems alright, so I’m really hoping he’ll be okay and this will just pass.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's good you are trying to keep him hydrated right now, I know how hard that is to do if they wont
really drink on their own.
Once you have done injections on them, that does help out with experience. If you are precise then it
usually goes pretty smoothly.
I hope your replacement bulb gets there quickly! Keep us posted on him.

Tracie

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

C34BF977-474F-4233-BF7E-8C797567E429.jpeg
Buffy snuggling with my partner!!!
So freaking handsome I just love youuuuu so much 💕
There is something wrong with my beardies left eye!! I included a picture where it shows what her right eye looks like then the others are what her left eye is. She always has it closed (as much as she can) and she finally opened it for a bit when i misted her. I don’t know what i could be doing wrong and it’s not from sand because she doesn’t have it in her cage.
This is a message for all Bearded Dragon owners: do NOT feed your Dragon pellets! Feeding your Dragon pellets can cause SICKNESS and GREAT HARM! So please, do NOT feed your Dragon pellets!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drake51522
Top Bottom