Ambient temperature for an 8 month old

Rayzncane

Beardie name(s)
Bettis
I have noticed my boy is doing a lot of glass skating and can’ seem to relax and bask like always does. Do I need to adjust the temperature in his enclosure from when he was younger? Is there anything else that may cause him to do this? He is eating well and Pooh looks good also.I also noticed he did not stay in his hide the past two nights.

Attachments

• 80E6C7E0-848D-4B90-A033-A34EB7D90DB0.jpeg
    80E6C7E0-848D-4B90-A033-A34EB7D90DB0.jpeg
    271 KB · Views: 73

Nikki.D

Hatchling Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Garnie
I have noticed my boy is doing a lot of glass skating and can’ seem to relax and bask like always does. Do I need to adjust the temperature in his enclosure from when he was younger? Is there anything else that may cause him to do this? He is eating well and Pooh looks good also.I also noticed he did not stay in his hide the past two nights.
He is most likely to be glass surfing because he is stressed and desperate, they are bored in their home or the temperature is too hot or cold. Or it could be that something else is very wrong in their world and they are begging you to fix it. Since he is in a 40-gallon tank I suggest getting a bigger tank for him when he is an adult, maybe between a 55-gallon enclosure and a 120 gallon. How to Stop Glass Surfing in Bearded Dragons

Last edited:

Rayzncane

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Bettis
Thanks but really no help. What should his temps be for his age and is there anything else I should be looking for?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Thanks but really no help. What should his temps be for his age and is there anything else I should be looking for?
Ambient temp on the hot side 100 -- surface basking temps 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer --cool side low 80's get the temps adjusted then watch the behavior - if hes still doing it then we need to explore other reasons / causes

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom