Amazon.com Links For 22" Reptisun 10.0 T5HO and Fixture

Status
Not open for further replies.

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
I've been getting a lot of messages and seeing questions in posts regarding where to find the cheapest place to buy Reptisun 10.0 T5 High-Output UVB tubes, as well as the cheapest fixtures for them. Amazon.com is by far the cheapest place I've seen for both, and is where I have been purchasing my UVB tubes for years, so I figured I would start a post with the links for both the UVB tubes and the appropriate fixtures for them. If anyone knows of a less expensive place than Amazon.com to buy the Reptisun 10.0 T5HO UVB tubes or fixtures for them, please, by all means tell us and correct me, because I haven't ever been able to find a cheaper place. Keep in mind that if you are looking for a different length UVB tube, all you have to do is search for it in the Amazon.com search bar. I am just posting the 22" UVB tube link because it's what I use and seems to be the most commonly purchased length of this UVB tube. The Reptisun 10.0 T5HO UVB tube also comes in 16", 34", 46", and I believe longer, though I'm not sure of the exact lengths:

1.) Here's the link to the main page for the 22" Reptisun 10.0 T5HO UVB tubes. As always on Amazon.com, the first, large price/retailer is the "PRIME" deal, and then you can click on "Other Sellers" below for cheaper retailers and different shipping options:

https://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-26061-Reptisun-Fluorescent/dp/B00AQU8HAO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1512927776&sr=8-1&keywords=22%22+reptisun+10.0+t5ho+uvb

2.) Here's the link to the main page for the 24" T5-rated tube fixture that I use, I have 3 of these in the 24" version and have had no issues with them at all. Again, this is the link for the 24" fixture that is rated for up to 24 watts, perfect for the 22" Reptisun 10.0 T5HO UVB tubes. Again, you can buy the 18", 36", and 48" lengths of this particular fixture if you just search for them. There are obviously both cheaper and much more expensive T5 tube fixtures on Amazon.com, but this is the one that I've been using for years with no issues, so I can endorse this brand. Plus, it seems to be the highest-quality fixture at the lowest price available:

https://www.amazon.com/Sunblaster-Output-Fluorescent-Strip-2-Feet/dp/B00AKKULI6/ref=sr_1_4?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1512927926&sr=1-4&keywords=24%22+T5+fixture

*Just because I know someone is probably going to mention using "eBay" as a less expensive place to buy both the UVB tubes and the fixtures, the reasons I'm not recommending buying them from eBay are because #1) Individual auctions that are cheaper aren't permanent and will not always be available, obviously, and more importantly #2) I've seen several Bogus lights purchased from eBay, as well as generic light fixtures that I can't endorse as being either appropriate nor safe. As most of you already know, eBay sellers are not always honest, nor are they educated in Reptile care as most of the individual sellers on Amazon.com are, and there are an awful lot of "Clone" lights on eBay (as well as AliExpress) that people buy thinking they are genuine Reptisun or Arcadia lights. So I'm sticking to Amazon.com because it's what I know and what I have a lot of experience using for just this purpose.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
reptilebasics.com sells Arcadia products and also have an affordable T5HO fixture line. $19.99 and $29.99 respectively) and ~$8 for shipping.

I prefer the sunblaster fixtures but for folks who need a sit on top style hood the reflector on the RBI has a shape that allows that. The sunblaster reflectors only go about halfway around the bulb so it would fall over.

I also get all my reptisun bulbs on amazon. I have an alert set on camelcamelcamel.com to let me know when they hit $20 and buy my spares when the price is low.

https://camelcamelcamel.com/Zoo-Med-26061-Reptisun-Fluorescent/product/B00AQU8HAO

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I tested one of the cheaper Reptile Basics fixtures and found that the output from the bulb was noticeably lower than when the same bulb was used in a ReptiSun hood or in the one that ships from LightYourReptiles. IMO it's worth spending a little extra to get the better fixture. I'm not sure if it had to do with ballast quality or reflector quality (or both).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom