Am I underfeeding my bearded dragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I feed my bearded dragon every other day about 10 crickets. Is this enough? I feed him greens daily like beet greens, collard greens, escarole, etc. He is 3 years old.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi I feed my bearded dragon every other day about 10 crickets. Is this enough? I feed him greens daily like beet greens, collard greens, escarole, etc. He is 3 years old.
Adults need fresh salads every day and insects 2-3 times per week - feed as many crickets as he will eat -- what is the weight on the dragon weigh on a kitchen food scale weigh in grams -- it should be above 300 grams ---
Nutrition Content
ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder -- rinse the greens before serving to keep him hydrated

TackoFallForPres

Original Poster
Adults need fresh salads every day and insects 2-3 times per week - feed as many crickets as he will eat -- what is the weight on the dragon weigh on a kitchen food scale weigh in grams -- it should be above 300 grams ---
Nutrition Content
ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder -- rinse the greens before serving to keep him hydrated
Thanks for responding. I brought him to the vet about 2 weeks ago for a check up and he was above 300 grams. I don't remember the exact number but I think it was something like 350 or 315 grams. I also spray the greens before I feed him and use calcium twice a week on the greens and everytime on the crickets.. He has been pooping a lot less too. Like every 2 weeks. Even after I give him baths and he poops he gets constipated again. I think it's okay though since the vet said he was healthy.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Thanks for responding. I brought him to the vet about 2 weeks ago for a check up and he was above 300 grams. I don't remember the exact number but I think it was something like 350 or 315 grams. I also spray the greens before I feed him and use calcium twice a week on the greens and everytime on the crickets.. He has been pooping a lot less too. Like every 2 weeks. Even after I give him baths and he poops he gets constipated again. I think it's okay though since the vet said he was healthy.
Adult dragons do not poop as often -- just make sure your basking temps are up to par 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer this is surface temps not ambient and a good UVB NO coils please --- my dragons poop like every 3 weeks to a month -- as long as the temps and UVB are up to par your dragon should poop --- bathing should only be done if hes actually drinking from the bath or he has poop all over him self

TackoFallForPres

Original Poster
Adult dragons do not poop as often -- just make sure your basking temps are up to par 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer this is surface temps not ambient and a good UVB NO coils please --- my dragons poop like every 3 weeks to a month -- as long as the temps and UVB are up to par your dragon should poop --- bathing should only be done if hes actually drinking from the bath or he has poop all over him self
Okay thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom