Am I doing things right?

hakusmom

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Haku
Hi ya’ll! It’s been almost 2 months now for how long I’ve had my 8 month old beardie, Haku. He’s been doing great! I just wanted to list my routine from day to day just to ensure that I’m doing things right and if there’s anything I need to change ^^

Everyday, his lights(listed in my profile) come on at 8am and are turned off at 8pm, though, he typically gets lazy and naps after his 2nd feeding, usually around 6 pm. He has 2 feedings. One in the morning that consists of 8 pretty well sized dubias and 3 superworms covered in calcium and green juice. He refuses leafy greens so we have to sneak some green juice in his mouth with a syringe everytime he goes to bite a bug. I say we because I’m still in school, and my mom who has had a bearded dragon in the past takes over his care for the day until I get home around 3. Of course, on weekends I am home all day. Although he refuses leafy greens, I’ve noticed he really enjoys carrots and bell peppers! His second feeding consists of the same amount of dubias, around 8-10 and only 2 superworms not covered in calcium or anything.
Since he’s non stop shedding, I mist him regularly and give him a bath every other day or two.
He is super active throughout the day, but like I said once it hits 6 pm he crawls in his hide, scratches the walls, and naps until 8 then he goes fully to sleep. He also has an obsession with licking absolutely everything!

That’s all I have, if there are anymore questions please ask! Am I doing everything right? Is there something I need to change? Thank you!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi ya’ll! It’s been almost 2 months now for how long I’ve had my 8 month old beardie, Haku. He’s been doing great! I just wanted to list my routine from day to day just to ensure that I’m doing things right and if there’s anything I need to change ^^

Everyday, his lights(listed in my profile) come on at 8am and are turned off at 8pm, though, he typically gets lazy and naps after his 2nd feeding, usually around 6 pm. He has 2 feedings. One in the morning that consists of 8 pretty well sized dubias and 3 superworms covered in calcium and green juice. He refuses leafy greens so we have to sneak some green juice in his mouth with a syringe everytime he goes to bite a bug. I say we because I’m still in school, and my mom who has had a bearded dragon in the past takes over his care for the day until I get home around 3. Of course, on weekends I am home all day. Although he refuses leafy greens, I’ve noticed he really enjoys carrots and bell peppers! His second feeding consists of the same amount of dubias, around 8-10 and only 2 superworms not covered in calcium or anything.
Since he’s non stop shedding, I mist him regularly and give him a bath every other day or two.
He is super active throughout the day, but like I said once it hits 6 pm he crawls in his hide, scratches the walls, and naps until 8 then he goes fully to sleep. He also has an obsession with licking absolutely everything!

That’s all I have, if there are anymore questions please ask! Am I doing everything right? Is there something I need to change? Thank you!
Please get the UVB inside the tank - I have a Zen and I have mine in the front center of the tank --- distance needs to be directly over the basking decor piece 12-15 inches - the screen will block 30% of the rays -- are your basking bulbs in domes I am assuming? Please start offering salads ---- his diet is going to change her where he should only get insects 2-3 times per week

hakusmom

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Haku
Please get the UVB inside the tank - I have a Zen and I have mine in the front center of the tank --- distance needs to be directly over the basking decor piece 12-15 inches - the screen will block 30% of the rays -- are your basking bulbs in domes I am assuming? Please start offering salads ---- his diet is going to change her where he should only get insects 2-3 times per week
How would I get the uvb tube to hang inside the enclosure? And yes the bulbs are in domes.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
How would I get the uvb tube to hang inside the enclosure? And yes the bulbs are in domes.
You can utilize the bars inside the tank-- long plastic zip ties- fishing line - picture wire hanger- 3m Velcro command fasteners - I am using a stainless thin rod that's bendable -

hakusmom

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Haku
A picture of?
I was going to ask for a picture of how you put your UVB up, but I figured it out with zip ties! Don’t worry, I will be cutting the stray tie
image.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He looks very good. The UVB tube bulb placement is terrific, so, he should be receiving
strong UVB exposure. The name, Haku is very cute. His size is great for his age so you
have done very well with him.

Tracie

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
It makes me very happy to see beardies wellntaken care of. We see so many here that aren't. If there is ever anything you have questions about don't hesitate to ask, thats what this forum is for. It's way better to ask than guess :) ....... but it does look like you've got a good handle on things :cool:

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom