Am i being worry bug

Savy1998

Hi there,

So my boyfriend was petting out bearded dragon tonight and I told him to wash his hand with soap and all he did was rinse them in sink and came to bed so I told him I'm going to have to wash all our sheets since I saw the articles about people getting sick so am I just being a worry rat or do I have to spend the day cleaning my bathroom and bedroom

Thank you.

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
Hi there,

So my boyfriend was petting out bearded dragon tonight and I told him to wash his hand with soap and all he did was rinse them in sink and came to bed so I told him I'm going to have to wash all our sheets since I saw the articles about people getting sick so am I just being a worry rat or do I have to spend the day cleaning my bathroom and bedroom

Thank you.
I wouldn’t worry about it but that’s just me. I handle my dragon everyday multiple times hand feed him bugs and clean up his poop 💩 and then eat a sandwich lol. Now if it’s a child under 5 I think there can be more of a potential for salmonella but don’t quote me. But I’m sure a lot of people would tell you to sanitize your hands? I normally have my son wash his hands after he hangs out with our little guy. Sounds like something my wife would worry about too lol 😂.

Savy1998

Original Poster
I just worry alot he didn't touch his 💩 since he was sitting under his light but reading those articles just got me worry lol. But I won't spend my day changing sheets lol I worry alot I don't even let my 3 year old touch the beardie lol

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
Outside of this issue, welcome to the world of beardies where they are ALWAYS causing anxiety in one form or another! Here is a thread from earlier today where the articles were brought up. Maybe it will offer you some insight. Current Salmonella outbreak linked to beardies; 25 states Myself, I wouldn't worry about it too much, but if changing your sheets gives you some peace of mind, go for it.

Savy1998

Original Poster
Outside of this issue, welcome to the world of beardies where they are ALWAYS causing anxiety in one form or another! Here is a thread from earlier today where the articles were brought up. Maybe it will offer you some insight. Current Salmonella outbreak linked to beardies; 25 states Myself, I wouldn't worry about it too much, but if changing your sheets gives you some peace of mind, go for it.
Thank you for that I always wanted a beardie so I got surprise and got on for Christmas and I won't change them I was just worried he did rinse them off and used a paper towel so it's just me being worried.

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
I just worry alot he didn't touch his 💩 since he was sitting under his light but reading those articles just got me worry lol. But I won't spend my day changing sheets lol I worry alot I don't even let my 3 year old touch the beardie lol
Yeah my wife is the same way but it’s ok no big deal. My son is 6 and considers his bearded dragon his best friend he makes a fort for him every night in the couch while we watch tv lol

Savy1998

Original Poster
Snapchat-243379578.jpg
this is spike or as my daughter call it spikey boy and we don't even know if he's a boy or a girl yet. My daughter's favorite thing to do is watch him eat or talk to spike

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
oh he's a cutie! and that's one awesome basking platform.

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
He’s a good looking dragon or she when they get older you can usually sex them by at their underbelly bellow their vent. If you search for it on the site you’ll find pictures with male and female markers.

Savy1998

Original Poster
He’s a good looking dragon or she when they get older you can usually sex them by at their underbelly bellow their vent. If you search for it on the site you’ll find pictures with male and female markers.
Thank you for that I'll definitely look it up. I was thinking of adding those wall they can climb up and down but going to look more into it

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
I always recommend to people that they practice good hygiene when dealing with beardies. Believe it or not, the CDC just recently put out a notice that they're finding an "outbreak" (although the numbers called out don't seem especially scary, but who knows what percentage that represents of the unreported cases) of salmonella that they're finding is associated with bearded dragons and ... hedge hogs!

Of course groups like PETA are jumping all over this to argue and push for banning bearded dragons as pets (although they seem to want to push for ALL animals to be banned as pets). So, aside from our own hygiene and safety, it's best to encourage sanitary and good practices, or we might find someday that those with political agendas have managed to ban having them. :(

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Sounds a bit dramatic to me!
I agree. Seems overly publicized for the actual numbers cited. But doesn’t change that it is a risk, and that it seems to still get publicity. :(

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
It’d be interesting to know how it got so much publicity. I don’t doubt the legitimacy but it’s hard to imagine some crazy bearded dragon conspiracy lol. Maybe the Covid virus really originated from beardie’s 😂.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom