Always hungry.?

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
I can always tell from the other room when one of them poops because they get as high as they can on the opposite end of their habitat lol. Except for Ruby she just friggen sets in it :mad:
:mad::mad:
Ohmygosh I would be so angry😅 thankfully, Toothless will run back and forth with his nose pressed against the glass.😅

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Baby dragon are notorious eaters. I kept a record of my first dragon and her daily/weekly eating schedule. At the highest point in a week she ate over 1000 feeders. As long as the dragon is gaining and the poops are normal, I would not be concerned at all.
Holy moly that's a lot. Toothless went through 600 crickets and 200 roaches in two weeks so he's definitely eating good. We've got a kitchen scale coming today but we weighed him on the 2nd and he weighed roughly 55grams, up 10 grams from the week before and he's right at a foot long, maybe 13 inches.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Weigh him -- keep track and keep feeding him the way your feeding him- he should be gaining or sustaining
Okay so we got a kitchen scale and he weighs 90 grams exactly and is about 12 1/2 inches long.

I keep finding conflicting info on what their Weight range should be -- that's a good weight.?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Okay so we got a kitchen scale and he weighs 90 grams exactly and is about 12 1/2 inches long.

I keep finding conflicting info on what their Weight range should be -- that's a good weight.?
Yes as long as hes gaining--- a good weight for a adult beardie is over/ around 300 grams -- You want his tail/ back bone getting fat - you dont want it looking real thin -- post a pic of him please

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Yes as long as hes gaining--- a good weight for a adult beardie is over/ around 300 grams -- You want his tail/ back bone getting fat - you dont want it looking real thin -- post a pic of him please
He is about 3 1/2 months right now and his tail looks pretty thick

Attachments

• 16658550947159013882306274406163.jpg
    16658550947159013882306274406163.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 67

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom