almost dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ering

My female was doing great this morning and then all of a sudden she has gone limp, almost acting like she is gasping for air but its random and it doesnt happen all the time. She doesnt move, you move her and her head rolls around she doesnt move unless you move her. Her eyelids twich rapidly. The only way I know she is still alive is because when I touch her she takes a really deep breath and then I cant see her breath again. Im pretty sure she wont make it through the night but I tried to call all the vets in my town that know reptiles which is only two. Neither one of the vets were open at 5. She has been doing this since about 3.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Update please.
Can you provide all the necessary information form enclosure to diet.
I know you had made several changes to the enclosure when you first joined anything else change after that point?

ering

Original Poster
I'm wondering if it wasn't an impaction. I was holding her and she pooped but it was huge. She perked up for a second and then just layed there she hasn't moved for a hour or so. When I pick her up she is very limp. The bad thing is all the vets are closed till Monday I just hope she makes it till then the tank is still the same but we got a bigger basking light it is a steady 105. The weird thing is she was the better eater of the two till this afternoon neither one eat as much as I think they should prob 10 crickets or so and a few waxworms that are dusted with reptical and some greens.

ering

Original Poster
She keeps almost gaging but gasping for air to. Its weird I don't even know what to call it. I'm keeping her warm right now. Her stomach doesn't feel like theirs anything in it and looks dehydrated. But I don't want her aspirating on any fluids as she won't open her mouth for me and when she does her tongue is at the roof of her mouth. I just don't know what to do she was doing so well this morning and now she's lifeless

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
ering":30lk5y9n said:
She keeps almost gaging but gasping for air to. Its weird I don't even know what to call it. I'm keeping her warm right now. Her stomach doesn't feel like theirs anything in it and looks dehydrated. But I don't want her aspirating on any fluids as she won't open her mouth for me and when she does her tongue is at the roof of her mouth. I just don't know what to do she was doing so well this morning and now she's lifeless

You can give her a bath by holding her on your palm and placing your hand him the water. This way she cannot accidentally fall into the water.

ering

Original Poster
I've already gave her two baths today because they seemed to perk her up do you think its safe to do it again. The only thing I have chaned was I put carpet in the tank instead of the newspaper. But she was acting like this befor I put it in there.

ering

Original Poster
Sorry for the spelling I'm typing on the phone and it won't show the full page so I can read it myself..

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
ering":2qfd06ft said:
Sorry for the spelling I'm typing on the phone and it won't show the full page so I can read it myself..
Don't worry about spelling.

I just want her to be okay.
If she has had two baths she should be well hydrated.
Can you think of a possibility of a lady bug, firefly or maple bug (box elder bug) getting into the enclosure?

ering

Original Poster
its going to be hard in the morning cause she has faded even more... I dont know if my male or whatever it is..i named him chomper, but i hope he does ok bye himself.. if not i guess it will be a good reason to get another one..

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
I feel helpless, I hate this feeling.
I really hope everything works out and she recovers from whatever is happening. :cry:

fez09

Extreme Poster
Hopefully now that he's used the bathroom and had a few baths, he'll perk up....best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom