Albino leopard gecko help

Hi,
I recently purchased a leopard gecko an need some advice on the care needed. It's a hatchling chocolate albino leopard gecko.
I have the warm moist an cool hide photo of tank attached. It's a 18"18"18" size tank. Using easy liner an slate. Slate is over the heat mat last four tiles at the top left corner. Is there any other lighting I need? I don't want her to get MBD an die. I offered nutri grubs black soldier worms an crickets. But won't eat them an no stool. Any advice on sticking with zoomed reptitherm UTH an zoomed reptitemp digital thermostat. Or should I go with a lighting. Have the heat mat on 24/7 an that's pretty much it. Just want advice on someone who had success with a good setup with these little guys. I have a bearded dragon but his enclosure is setup well.

Attachments

• 20211216_075534.jpg
    20211216_075534.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 179
  • 20211217_085352.jpg
    20211217_085352.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 145

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
How small is the gecko, can you post pics and where did you get it from ? I have just a normal one [ no morph ] and I have a heat pad from a drug store under the tank , it covers about 18" X 12" so that part of the moist hide sits on it and part of the dry hide. I used a basking/heat bulb but no uvb but after a while I stopped using it . She's has been eating since the day I got her and has a good appetite , strikes like a rattlesnake. I don't use any tile, just layers of paper towel with extra in her moist hide. She goes poo in the same spot every time so it's super easy to clean, I just fold the paper towels in that spot and lift out when she poos .

I have an albino leopard gecko too and she wasn't doing very well in her enclosure until I got rid of the extra decor, it doesn't look that good but it works. my point is I think you should put the middle hide to the side so your leo can crawl and explore more. My albino does fine with the small lamp, but I also use the heat pads, I don't think you really need any more lighting since leos are nocturnal anyways. hope this helps

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly_Eaton
Top Bottom