Aggressive Male??? Will he calm down?

Clay86

Hey, I'm hoping someone on here can help. I have 2 dragons, my female Loki age 6, and my new male Thor age 3.
they both are in separate tanks across the room from each. they are able to see each other, the tanks are at least 10-15 feet apart.
when they see each other the female Loki starts waving continuously and the male starts bobbing hard and has a very black beard while trying to get to her, bashing into the glass at times. they don't stop unless I put a box in front of either tank to block the view. my question is should I let them see each other and is this something that will quiet down over time? I don't want to stress them out.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
No and no. He will always do that if he can see her. It causes undo stress for both of them, please don't give them line of sight.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree, the males will often times be very hormonal and in a super stressed state because in the wild they would be able to mate or fight another intruder but in the tank his potential mate or rival is right there but he doesn't understand why he can't get to them.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom