Aggression

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atrax

Sub-Adult Member
Actually lighting doesn't use much power. What kind of UVB do you have? If you have MVB than yes, they consume electricity as mad, but fluorescent tube bulbs don't, they are 15, 18, and so on watts; that means 15W per hour, that's 210W per day, if you have it on for 14h. So if you have 50W basking bulb on for 14hrs too, both together (UVB and basking bulb) would come to less than 1kW per day per enclosure. And that's not that much of an consumption, if you consider that your average toaster or microwave consumes little less than 1kW per few toasts that you make in 10 mins. :)

I agree with others, you should separate them as soon as possible.
Take care!

TwistedCrayon

Sub-Adult Member
Sorry to high jack your thread but Atrax could you do a little more math for me?

A repti-sun tube and a 60w flood light for basking? X 10 enclosures per hour...And I think we are paying 24 cents a watt or whatever the unit it is charged in....

I just wonder what I'm really paying in electricity to operate all 10 of my enclosures....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom